Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 D3 Key

JoeKnow
JoeKnow Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello all. First time poster. New to NI. Something that has happened today that hadn't done before, is my D3 key is not sending a midi signal. i.e. When I hit the key, the associated light flashed up, however regardless of which plug in I use, I am not getting my D3 note to sound out. Noticed on the NI Gentleman Piano. Tried with a Spitfire plug in and getting same result. All other keys are fine, and the note is withini the range of the instrument. Any thoughts? I'll keep trying and see how I get on. Ive tried the classic 'turn it off and back on again' to no avail. Thanks... Jono

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JoeKnow
    Answer ✓

UPDATE 3: I was being a fanny. I just found a random controller assignment in Logic.... I don't recall making any changes in that space.,.... but clearly have done something.... D3 key was assigned.... Deleted the assignment and all works ok now.

Answers

• JoeKnow

Update: When pressing the octave buttons above the modulation wheel on the S88, the D3 Key works but playing an octave up or down depending on the button pressed. So it's not the hardware that seems to be causing the problem. Also, Logic records Aftertouch information visible in the attached pic. Each spike is a press of the key. The green note is E3 to show the comparison.

• JoeKnow

UPDATE 2: When using Komplete Kontrol Stand alone, everything works as expected

• JoeKnow
    Answer ✓

UPDATE 3: I was being a fanny. I just found a random controller assignment in Logic.... I don't recall making any changes in that space.,.... but clearly have done something.... D3 key was assigned.... Deleted the assignment and all works ok now.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert

Yep, that is 99% usually the case in these instances