Why can't I see Kontakt in Logic?

Options
GavinD
GavinD Member Posts: 3 Member

I recently bought a Teletone Audio library. To use it I need Kontakt Player. I followed all the steps correctly without undue difficulty, including downloading Kontakt 6. I have Logic Pro 9, and for some reason, no matter what I try Native Instruments Kontakt is not showing up in Logic.

I have:

Made sure I downloaded the last supported version (6.4.2) of Kontakt compatible with my MacOS. (Which is Sierra 10.12.6).

In Logic's Audio Units manager, and have tried "Reset and Rescan Selection". NI still does not appear.

Verified that the Kontakt.componet file is in Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components. It is.

Manual reinitialisation. Taken the Kontakt component file out of the above file location, launched Logic and closed it again, and then put the component file back. It still doesn't appear.

So I don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Options

That's an old version of Logic, not that it should matter. Have you rebooted? Older versions of Logic are notorious for not rescanning even when pushed. Does Kontakt run stand alone?

• GavinD
    Options

Thank Tony. Yes, Kontakt opens up standalone and the Telethon library I purchased is there.

I have quit Logic and restarted it many times but still no joy. I really don't know what else to try. I just can't understand what is blocking it from seeing Native Instruments Kontakt, when it can see my other AU plug ins.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Options

Have you rebooted the Mac?

• GavinD
    Options

Yes I have switched the Mac off and back on again many times and still no joy.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@GavinD Unfortunately I'm not sure that Logic 9 is supported on 10.12. Can you see if you can apply these steps with Logic 9? My Native Instruments Plug-in Fails Validation in Logic Pro X