Knobs for VSL Synchron Player CC1 and CC11 cannot be assigned on Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2

Options
Mavros
Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I have prepared several templates in KK standalone to control instruments played using the VSL Synchron player. These particular instruments are not NKS compatible so I run KK in Midi Mode.

All works but I am not able to assign CC1 and CC11 which are used in the plugin to a knob. Also the ModWheel does not work with CC1 and the touch strip controls CC7 instead of the assigned CC11.

CC7, 30, 20, 23 etc. which are also used can be assigned but the only way to get the two remaining sliders to work is to assign them to a different CC in the plug-in. I put CC1 Modulation on CC2 and CC11 Expression on CC0. Also the touch strip has to be assigned to CC0 to make it work. The ModWheel is for some reason only NI knows not re-assignable in the settings. So it does not work.

Anyone an idea why this is?

I use an ' MBP with M1Max.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,695 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Mavros Indeed the modwheel can't be re-assigned on the Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboards, it will always be set to CC1, there's no way around it. For all the other CCs you should be able to assign the CCs you want to the knobs, pedals and touchstrip. CC11 is expression as default, make sure there are no multiple assignments of the same CC on different knobs, pedals or buttons.

Now that was for the MIDI assigments and implementation of the keyboard. For specifics on VSL Synchron, I would recommend checking their resources and maybe contact them regarding these MIDI assigment issues.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,695 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Mavros Indeed the modwheel can't be re-assigned on the Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboards, it will always be set to CC1, there's no way around it. For all the other CCs you should be able to assign the CCs you want to the knobs, pedals and touchstrip. CC11 is expression as default, make sure there are no multiple assignments of the same CC on different knobs, pedals or buttons.

Now that was for the MIDI assigments and implementation of the keyboard. For specifics on VSL Synchron, I would recommend checking their resources and maybe contact them regarding these MIDI assigment issues.