Getting Guitar Rig 6 to load Guitar Rig 5 (Cubase) presets

SparkyNZ
SparkyNZ Member Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

I have recently moved from a Win7 machine (sold) that I ran Guitar Rig 5 on. Now, I own Guitar Rig 6 on Windows 10 and I want to migrate my Cubase Guitar Rig 5 tracks to Guitar Rig 6.

I no longer have Guitar Rig 5 or the setup s/w. I have reached out to NI support but have no received no response whatsoever,

Is there any way in which I can fool Cubase (or any other DAW) into thinking that the GR5 presets/inserts are actually GR6?

I am quite knowledgeable about Windows and the likes (I'm a software developer). Is there any way in which I could either create a "mock" GR5 VST plugin that would actually redirect to GR6 and load the GR5 settings.?

Or.. (theoretically simpler) is there somewhere where I can download a genuine demo version of GR5 that will allow me to save my GR5 settings in a format that GR6 can load?

I spent hours tweaking my lead and rhythm guitar settings and I'd like to get them back into GR6 so I can continue my projects.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@SparkyNZ Sorry to stumble on your post so late after the party! It seems that my colleagues got back to you and that you were finally able to export your GR5 presets and import them in GTR 6.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@SparkyNZ Sorry to stumble on your post so late after the party! It seems that my colleagues got back to you and that you were finally able to export your GR5 presets and import them in GTR 6.

• SparkyNZ
    SparkyNZ Member Posts: 9 Member

@Jeremy_NI Yep, all sorted now.. and thankfully don't need to find a copy of GR5