MacBook Air is not receiving audio (input) from my interface (komplete audio 2)

2»

Answers

• mfbecker
    mfbecker Member Posts: 11 Member

Yes. everything not related to the Komplete Audio 2 interface works, e.g., the mic from the lap, playing a video, etc. The issue is that the mac does not get the sound coming out from the interface. Yes, I've tried with Logic Pro and the result is the same, the DAW recognizes the interface but cannot receive the sound that comes from the interface. Yes, I turned all the knobs up, but the result is the same.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod

@mfbecker My question was when you select the KA6 as output and you play a video do you get sound on the KA6?

Does Logic have access to the microphone? macOS Dialog: “*App Name* would like to access the microphone."

IF that still doesn't work, it could be that the unit is faulty, can you try it on another computer?

• mfbecker

Thank you for clarifying @Jeremy_NI. No video sound on the KA2 Yes, logic has access to the mic. I've tried the interface on another computer with macOS Big Sur and it works. It used to work on my lap but stop working after the last OS updates.

• Jeremy_NI

@mfbecker Can you post a screenshot of your Audio & MIDI setup, show audio devices with the input & output from the Komplete Audio 2?

• kristinaeva
    kristinaeva Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi there, did you ever get any solution for this? I am experiencing the same.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Have you tried the rights thing with the microphone, under mac all inputs are seen as mic or potential mic inputs and therefore you have to grant access to apps.

• mfbecker
    edited April 2023

Hi @kristinaeva , unfortunately, no. I decided to use an older Mac that I have.

Hi @Uwe303 , yes, I’ve tried that, but didn’t work.

• kaipetersonhenry
    kaipetersonhenry Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2023

I also have the same problem but there was no update of the OS prior to the audio interface not working anymore. It actually stopped working while I was recording. Litterally in the middle of a note. The cable wasn't moved, I can hear music played by the iMac, it works in video and I can hear the input in the audio interface - and see the meters moving btw - but nothing arrives in the DAW (Logic Pro). I tried new cables but no change.

Strangely enough everything works on Windows 11 in Mixcraft and Cubase. So it seems to be a driver problem for Mac. It is just too weird that it stopped in the middle of a recording.

I called NI but they gave me a number of a service that told me they are not servicing this item and I should call NI...

so, anybody has a fix for this?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Have you tried it on another computer, then you know if it's a hardware issue or not.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.