GR6 forgetting learned MIDI
Win10, Studio One 6 Pro, X-Touch MINI ...
I think I have routing correct as the initial learning works fine. I go thru the process and save the preset. I verify by changing, then reloading the preset. All is good.
When I come back to the preset a few days later, the previously learned MIDI assignments are gone like they never happened. Again, the routing appears to be correct because everything readily learns again.
@BobF3 If you do the same in GR6 in standalone does it retain the MIDI assignments? Are you running GTR6 and Studio One as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator0
Jeremy - Thanks for getting back to me. Running GR and/or SO as Admin or not is making any difference. Here is what I've done today:
- Running GR6 stand-alone, created a basic rack based on Twang. Mapped knobs and buttons to the basic amp controls and saved the preset. Close/Exit GR6, rerun GR6 stand-alone, load the previously created preset and everything works fine.
- Run Studio One 6, add an audio track with GR6, create an Inst Track with my controller as Input and GR6 as output.
- Load the basic preset in GR6. The controls do not respond to the controller, however right-clicking shows they are assigned. If I Learn MIDI again, using the same control, the amp control responds as it should. Right-clicking the control shows the same MIDI assignment as before.
Perplexing to say the least. Not sure if this matters, but I also see host automation IDs.0
Another item to mention. Everything about the presets when created while plugged into Studio One saves/recalls fine. Components, control settings/positions. Literally everything except the Learned MIDI.0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 439 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 203 Tech Talks
- 1K Native Access
- 4.8K Komplete
- 609 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 475 Reaktor
- 150 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 200 Massive X & Synths
- 210 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators