Resaving Commercial Instrument After Editing Samples

blackspasm
blackspasm Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

I have a bass guitar sample library that I bought and found some of the samples have clicks and pops in the sample files. I don't really know much about the guts of Kontakt, but I figured out how to get rid of the unwanted pops at the ends of the samples by selecting Snap to Zero Crossing in the Wave Editor and moving the End Marker. Problem is, I'm not sure the best way to resave the instrument. This is a licensed library that shows up on the Library Tab in Kontakt. If I choose Save As, and give the instrument a new name, I'm not sure if I should save it to the original folder from the developer or choose a new location. In either case, will the saved version show up in the Library Tab or will it have to be selected from the Files menu?

The editing seems to be simple enough since the pops are at the ends of the samples, but I'm concerned about screwing up the library file structure and having Kontakt not be able to find the content anymore. How should I save my edits?

Thanks

Mark

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You can simply resave the NKI file that is affected and your changes will persist. If you want to be absolutely certain, you can always save it under a different filename.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

You can simply resave the NKI file that is affected and your changes will persist. If you want to be absolutely certain, you can always save it under a different filename.