Picked Acoustic - turn off fret noise / hand slide sound

abcd-abcd
abcd-abcd Member Posts: 24 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hello

Am I just being thick, or does the "Fret noise volume" not do anything at all in Picked Acoustic? Turning the knob seems to make no difference whatsoever.

I'm using the pattern "135 Autobahn A". When I play the pattern on my S88 mk2 it plays cleanly and yet when I 'record' it into Logic Pro there is a million decibel hand slide sound instead of the first note on the downbeat.

How do I turn this off please? :)

Best Answer

• LineNoise
    LineNoise Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

You can turn the fret noise all the way down in Guitar Settings Tab

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Can you clarify what you mean by 'record' Midi? Audio?

• abcd-abcd

Thanks for your reply Blindeddie.

I program the midi notes into Logic Pro and when Logic Pro plays the plugin 'Picked Acoustic' it adds loud fret noises which are not present when I play live the same patterns from my S88 mk2.

Why do I not hear the fret noises when I play 'Picked Acoustic' from my keyboard?

How do I turn off the fret noises when Logic Pro is playing back the same chords?

I hope that is clear now - happy to have another go at it. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Try Reducing the Velocity of the note triggering the pattern to below 110! Not quite sure why you are not hearing it while Playing it, but give this a try and see if the "Slide" goes away!

This is what the Manual says...

When playing picking patterns, you can trigger slides between different chords or

voicings by hard pressing the newly added keys: The next suitable note of a picking

pattern will start with a slide if it is being played with a velocity greater than 110. To

use slides when playing melodies, hold down the B1 keyswitch while playing melody

notes.

• LineNoise
    LineNoise Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

You can turn the fret noise all the way down in Guitar Settings Tab

• abcd-abcd

Thanks Blindeddie for your help.