microtuning/global scale lock?

sleepi369
sleepi369 Member Posts: 2 Member

is this something that will ever come to massive? its the only thing stopping me from buying it, I love to make sequences and if massive had microtuning/ the ability to globally lock the scale this would be perfect for me, I use lfos/msegs to draw random sequences and modulate osc semitone and just like magic I easily generate / modulate melodies in any scale I lock the synth to, I do this all the time in vital, its my favorite synth specifically for that reason, massive x is better in its own ways its just a shame I can't easily make sequences in it, I love being able to draw a random doodle in a lfo/mseg and hear a brand new melody then just adjust as I like, really hope this can be introduced in an update to Massive X, I would buy it immediately.

Tagged:

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited March 2022

I use lfos/msegs to draw random sequences and modulate osc semitone and just like magic I easily generate / modulate melodies in any scale I lock the synth to

Interesting approach, gotta try this to spice up my sequences and make them less static.

Massive X doesn't receive microtuning at the moment. Let's hope the dev team has it on top of their list 🤞

I suppose you're using an external sequencer?

• sleepi369
    sleepi369 Member Posts: 2 Member

I currently just use digital midi sequencers or LFOS in synths where microtuning works on osc semi when being modulated with an lfo, I dont have any hardware seqs yet but my favorite digital midi/synth ones are, stochas, polystep sequencer, and kirnu cream, for synths hy-poly has a nice sequencer with scale lock, and of course the LFOs /scalelock/microtuning in Vital, hopefully massive as well at some point, as someone who loves sequencing I find it really disappointing that microtuning is not widely supported by all synths, it makes making sequences so fun because it always stays in tune, hopefully in the future more synths are capable of sequencing in this way. a sequencer only beats a piano roll if you can't make any mistakes with it; wrong notes/timing, but personally my favorite part is having the ability to make a sequence and then transpose it with my midi keyboard and still stay in the scale/key I've tuned the synth to, its so fun to transpose the sequences as they play :)

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Sounds definitely like a fun workflow! Thanks for sharing your creative approach 💪