Plugin icons not displayed in Maschine 2.

Derek Cunningham
Derek Cunningham Member Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi, I've had my Maschine mk3 for about 1 week and have loaded some of the free plugins. However, when I view the plugins (in Maschine software and the mk3 controller), they don't have the proper icons, just the default. "plug" icon. I tried using the "Thumbnail Picture Icons are Missing in the Komplete Kontrol / Maschine 2 Browser" support article, but it had no effect. Does anyone have an alternative fix I could try? Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

What OS? For clarity!!!

• Derek Cunningham

Sorry, forgot about that! I’m running on Windows 11.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

What plugins are we talking about here? When talking plugins I assume VST's but those don't have (or use) icons in the first place. Not unless they're NKS compatible which most plugins are not. Of course those plugins normally wouldn't appear in your 'Intrstruments' list either.

• Derek Cunningham

It’s the list of plug-ins that appear in Native Access when you initially enter the serial no for your product (I haven’t purchased any additional ones yet). For example, the Massive plug-in was the first one I downloaded. If you look at the quick start manual for Maschine Mk3 there’s a screenshot that shows Massive as having a proper icon. Just for clarity, none of the plug-ins displayed in Maschine have a proper plug-in icon displayed. Cheers.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    edited March 2022

That sounds like a b0rk configuration of some kind.

Just to make sure: if you fire up Komplete Kontrol (stand alone) and then look at its instrument list, does that show any icons?

What does your library overview within Maschine tell you?

• Open the 'File' menu, then select "Preferences".
    • Open the 'Library' tab, then check if you can find "Massive" in there.
    • Optionally also check the Plug-ins tab (select the "Manager" button).

• Derek Cunningham

I didn't have Komplete Kontrol installed, but once installed the instrument list was the same as in Maschine. That does make me wonder if I've not installed something that is needed... In Maschine, i checked the library tab and Massive is there (title: Massive Factory Content) in the C drive.

Another piece of config info for you: my Content Location in Native Access is on the D drive which is an SD card.

The plugins tab shows Massive is installed, however there are two of them. VST and VST3.

I will attach screen shots of both the Library and plugins in my next post.

• Derek Cunningham

Library and plug-ins tabs displayed above.

• Derek Cunningham

Here’s a screenshot of Maschine with the offending plug-ins in case a picture of the issue explains better than my words 😂

• Derek Cunningham

That did it! I did try those steps before but it didn’t work then (I must have missed something out then). Thanks everyone for your help :-)