Problem with Traktor and OBS (saturated sound)

befa
befa Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Good morning all

I explain my problem to you

I have a laptop that I use to record my video mixes with obs and a mac with a djm 250 mk2 with traktor on it. My question is:

as soon as I record myself in video while being connected to the master of the table and to the headphone socket of the pc with obs the sound is ultra dirty and saturated

I tried to change the volume of the microphone etc nothing works

I specify that before I did the same but with a Xone 22 and an audio card 6 and it worked very well. If anyone has a clue you would be a big help.

Tagged:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    edited March 2022

as soon as I record myself in video while being connected to the master of the table and to the headphone socket of the pc with obs the sound is ultra dirty and saturated

A picture of your setup may help as you aren't really explaining the setup in enough detail to paint a good picture of how you have things setup. Here is my guess at what you have:

• You have one computer with Traktor on it (a macbook) with a djm 250 mk2 connected
    • You have another PC (laptop or PC) which you have OBS running to record an input (I assume audio only)?
    • You connect (something) from your DJM 250 (Master Out: RCA, XLR, TRS outputs)??
    • You connect to your PC "Headphone" which I assume you mean the little 3.5mm socket, is this a laptop or a PC, is this a single multi-purpose I/O port, mic port or line in port? What is the audio interface?

By the sounds of it you have a single WAY too hot for the input you have connected to which would be the case if the input (which you are referring to as "Headphone" is actually a mic input, it will be overloaded pushing an RCA line level signal into it).

Without knowing what this mysterious "Headphone" connection is (since headphone is an output not an input) or the audio interface or what output signal you are taking from the DJM I can only suggest looking if this input has the ability to set what kind of input it will be (Line/Mic) and you want a line input to record a line level output or you would have to attenuate the signal by 6-12db possibly.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

Go to System settings -> Sound on your Mac and and switch to Audio line-in port

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

I am having distortion with a friends Obs and Traktor, had to turn down an insane amount.

On my system no issues. A quick search had only one viable answer. Check for audio driver updates.

I will be helping my buddy this weekend with this issue on PC.

Here is a link I found. Maybe check some more into this in forums OBS? Looks like a common issue.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/clean-audio-in-clipping-audio-out.120220/

• befa
    befa Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited March 2022

Hello Thank you for your answers: the sound problem, does not come from my mac but from the connection of the master 2 output of the djm 250 mk2 table in rca to jack on the microphone socket of my pc which I use to record my video and even by adjusting the parameters of the microphone the sound is dirty whereas with xone 22 and the traktor audio 6 box the sound was nikel I hope I'm explaining myself well it's not easy with my pitiful English