Maschine Factory Library in Demo mode, unable to reinstall or locate

Dennis Otto
Dennis Otto Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2022 in Native Access

Hello colleagues,

my maschine factory library is in demo mode since some days and i cannot undo this. Very funny is, that the maschine factory selection (anything there is included in the factory selection as far as i know) runs like it should in the "normal" mode. So it means, that the "lower" product is active but the "main" product is not.

There is no way to change this status by reactivating or relocating the factory library (by hovering the mouse over any icons in the native access app).

How can i solve this problem?

I'm using the maschine mk3 and and maschine software – 2.14 7 (R1) with a macbook pro, Big Sur 11.3 and a external SSD Drive.

Thank you for any idea...

Greetings from Hamburg

Best Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer βœ“

There seems to be an account issue here - you don't have a Maschine MK3 registered under the account you're using here. You do have the A49 thought which explains why the Factory Selection activate just fine. The best here would be to contact our registration team so they can check the serial of your MK3 and sort it out.

Here's the page to contact them: https://bit.ly/n1registr

• Dennis Otto
    Answer βœ“

Hello again,

just now I've received a mail from the license-department. It seems like the problem ist solved. As assumed, the pre-owner didn't transferred the maschine hardware licence on my name/account, as buyer/new owner.

So iwas told to make a foto of the license-plate unterneath the maschine mk3 an attached a copy of the bank-transferency of the purchasing price to my answer-mail – and yes, thats it! Within minutes I got an answer from the department, that they transferred the license now on my account, so that I am the "official" new owner. This evening when I'm home I will run Native Access and then there should be all the Expansions active, which are now in demo mode. I hope so at least πŸ˜…

That's how (good) problem-solving & customer-service should be! Thank you Matt for your additional support! 🀘

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Hi there & welcome to the forums / NI Community!

So, the big question here is: do you already have the Maschine software (and its libraries) installed? I'm guessing that you did in which case I wonder if this problem only exists within Native Access or if you also have issues accessing the Maschine library while using the Maschine software?

To rule out some common problems: are you 100% sure that you logged into NA while using the same account as you did on the website (so: when you purchased this software)?

Hope this can give you some ideas.

• Dennis Otto

Hello an thank you for your reply...

I am nearly 100% sure, that I am logged in into NA with the correct ID/password/account, because I only have this one πŸ˜…

Furthermore the other Expansions / Plug Ins / etc. that I have installed, are working fine.

Nevertheless I`ll check it out once more when IΒ΄m home this afternoon.

😎

Thank you and until later!

Greetings,

Dennis

• Matt_NI
    Answer βœ“

There seems to be an account issue here - you don't have a Maschine MK3 registered under the account you're using here. You do have the A49 thought which explains why the Factory Selection activate just fine. The best here would be to contact our registration team so they can check the serial of your MK3 and sort it out.

Here's the page to contact them: https://bit.ly/n1registr

• Dennis Otto

Thank you Matt,

I'm nearly sure, that the factory library worked in the past, I never had problems with the factory library in Demo-Mode until last week. In the NA-App the factory library was never shown in demo-mode πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

But your advice nevertheless could bring some light into the darkness! I've bought the maschine mk3 second hand 2 years ago and the vendor then was not very cooperative, he delayed the whole buying / transferring-process by inactivity and didnΒ΄t supported me in the process of transferring serials etc.

Long story, short: In fact I think, that the maschine hardware itself is still not registrated (seemingly I didn't registrate it when I started to work with it ... Iwas absolutely new in the NI-world!).

So I hope, I can solve that now with the help of your attached link.

The license-key is located on the bottom of the hardware, right? This evening I will check this when I'm home...

Thank you for the moment, Matt! I'll inform you about the further process!

Dennis

• Matt_NI

We can definitely help you with the transfer if you have the Maschine MK3. Let us know how it goes with our registration support πŸ™

• Dennis Otto

Hi Matt,

ok, before I get in contact with the Licence-department, I gathered that:

1. I am logged in with the one and only account I have. But I remember that some time ago Native Instrument announced ab big "campaign" for merging the accounts for Native Access and the separate account for the community forum! I followed the instructions and since then I have only this one account I mentioned above.
    2. My maschine seems to be already registered as you can see in this screenshot. I entered the whole Numbers into NA and the the App shows this pic above!

So what do you recommend now?

Thank you for your help...

Dennis

• Matt_NI

Same advice as the one above, you need to contact our registration team so they can check your licenses.

• Dennis Otto
  • Dennis Otto

I think, that the guy who sold me the mk3 didn't transfer the licence. The license is probably still running on his account...

ok, I have to wait until the department gets in contact with me!

• Dennis Otto
    Answer βœ“

Hello again,

just now I've received a mail from the license-department. It seems like the problem ist solved. As assumed, the pre-owner didn't transferred the maschine hardware licence on my name/account, as buyer/new owner.

So iwas told to make a foto of the license-plate unterneath the maschine mk3 an attached a copy of the bank-transferency of the purchasing price to my answer-mail – and yes, thats it! Within minutes I got an answer from the department, that they transferred the license now on my account, so that I am the "official" new owner. This evening when I'm home I will run Native Access and then there should be all the Expansions active, which are now in demo mode. I hope so at least πŸ˜…

That's how (good) problem-solving & customer-service should be! Thank you Matt for your additional support! 🀘

• Matt_NI

Appreciate the update Dennis and happy to see the team got it sorted 🀘