Maschine + not working in Controller Mode

Henning Kunze
Henning Kunze Member Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi there,

I may be missing out something, but I couldn't get Maschine to communicate with software like Battery as a controller, neither standalone nor as a plugin in Logic. Maschine + is connected via USB-midi port, all midi out ports are switched on in Maschine's midi section. Pads are assigned to Battery's cells via controller editor, but no response. Maybe Maschine + is not supposed to work that way?

Thankful for helping me out here.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

see this article...

How to Use MASCHINE PLUS as a Controller – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Connect via USB, put the + in controller mode, Dont open the Maschine software, but set it to Midi Mode (Shift + Channel/Midi button at the top left) should act as a midi controller now.

• Henning Kunze
    Answer ✓

@Blindeddie Thanks, but that doesn't do it. That just explains how to use Maschine + as a controller for Maschine 2 software. As said, putting Maschine + in controller mode leaves it idle and incapable of doing anything until you open Maschine 2 software.

But I now found it! You put Maschine + in controller mode and then - here comes the magic - you press shift and CHANNEL/MIDI et voilá: Maschine now is a midi controller!!

Thanks anyway

Answers

• Blindeddie

so you are trying to trigger with Battery in standalone and Maschine+ In Midimode?

• Henning Kunze

Yes, Maschine + is in standalone mode, not in controller mode. Section 4.7 of the manual says you can use Maschine + as a "highly versatile MIDI controller to pilot any other MIDI-capable software" and refers to the Controller Editor software manual. Here I'm stuck.

As said, I did assign the pads to the cells in Battery, but nor response.

• Blindeddie

Post a screenshot of controller editor and Battery with one of the cells "Main" Tab visible... and the Battery "Audio/Midi" settings midi input tab.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

Switch to controller mode. There is no standalone 'controller mode'.

• Henning Kunze

@darkwaves: Sorry for causing confusion with the headline: I am using Maschine + in standalone mode. In controller mode you can only use it in conjunction with the Maschine software.

I just wish to use Maschine + to control software other than Maschine (e.g. Battery) like a midi keyboard but have the expressiveness of the pads instead.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

see this article...

How to Use MASCHINE PLUS as a Controller – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Connect via USB, put the + in controller mode, Dont open the Maschine software, but set it to Midi Mode (Shift + Channel/Midi button at the top left) should act as a midi controller now.

• Henning Kunze
    Answer ✓

@Blindeddie Thanks, but that doesn't do it. That just explains how to use Maschine + as a controller for Maschine 2 software. As said, putting Maschine + in controller mode leaves it idle and incapable of doing anything until you open Maschine 2 software.

But I now found it! You put Maschine + in controller mode and then - here comes the magic - you press shift and CHANNEL/MIDI et voilá: Maschine now is a midi controller!!

Thanks anyway