Recording midi ONLY to the current focused group M+

jolly Dodger
jolly Dodger Member Posts: 54 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I’ve gone round and round on this, and can’t work it out. I’ve even rtfm 😒🙀

How do I get only the current group in view to record midi using the pads? i.e. I want to record midi to a track in a group, but I have external sequenced midi triggering another group.

So the issue is that as soon as I hit record the Maschine changes focus to a group that being sequenced by external midi, and I don’t want that to record, as it’s externally sequenced. I’ve changed master focus midi settings and it does not change the behaviour. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 337 Guru
    Answer ✓

It's not possible currently. This isn't a M+ thing. You'd have the same issue with the software.

You can use maschine as a sound module. You can use it as a sequencer. You're out of luck if you want to do both at the same time while recording.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 337 Guru
    Answer ✓

It's not possible currently. This isn't a M+ thing. You'd have the same issue with the software.

You can use maschine as a sound module. You can use it as a sequencer. You're out of luck if you want to do both at the same time while recording.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2022

Good to know Darkwaves… Yeah, bummer. That also means that I can’t have one group/kit record a sequence, and then midi-feedback it to drive other kits. i.e. I tap in a beat, and then modulate the snare between two kits. I tend to use pairs of kits that sound good together like this.

if we had internal midi routing then of course I could do it that way. meh.

I love how the m+ sounds but frack it’s nearly as much of a primadonna as an Op1. Octa’s, Deluge & MPC’s are far more flexible in their midi config.