Komplete Kontrol not lighting up or working

2»

Answers

• Casey Rae
    Casey Rae Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2022

I have a problem to solve. How has NI helped? How have you helped?

• Casey Rae

You don’t seem to understand what a “troll” is. I’m a disenfranchised 20 year consumer of NI products. My complaints are legitimate, as are the many, many others you’ll find wherever NI products are sold or discussed (besides their own website, and apparently, this forum).

I’m glad you’ve had a good experience. That doesn’t invalidate my own, nor does it negate the need to help NI—including their reps on this forum—understand the appalling lack of care when it comes to loyal customers.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert

As someone who assists people as a job it is off putting to want to assist in a forum when all the user can do is throw comments about how unhelpful everyone is, especially in threads they have no useful input with, that is the definition of trolling my friend. You have your opinions and frustrations but it is not helping to get the attention you seek. While I can sympathize with some of what you say, jumping in on threads to cry about your experience as an individual is not at all helping your situation or anyone else and the length of time you have been a customer does not make you more important than all other customers. Leave feelings aside and simply ask the important questions providing the details of what you have and what you have tried. I’d try help but since you won’t be using the keyboard and you seem ready to rumble with anyone there isn’t any point.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
  • Casey Rae

Explicitly asking for help in separate thread about my S88 MKII issues.

• Casey Rae

And yes, I agree generally. My response is commensurate with my frustrations, I assure you. It's not a question of self-importance, it's venting. Apologies for being unseemly or offensive--I can understand and respect how that is personally unwelcome for you.

Here is the thread where I asked for assistance:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/1647/brand-new-s88-mkii-buttons-not-working-customer-service-unhelpful#latest

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert

Apologies for being unseemly or offensive--I can understand and respect how that is personally unwelcome for you.

Accepted, but It has nothing to do with being offensive, I was not offended, just rolled my eyes at another entitled kid throwing their rattle out the pram because things aren't done as they expect. It's a simple case of you want help, you just bring to the table what could be used to help you (details of the problem, screenshots and leave the hurt feelings at home). If this condescending and entitled tone is how you have been seeking assistance from NI then i'm not surprised it takes some time to get back to you.

Most of us get what you are saying as some of us have probably known NI longer than you have been sucking air (in fact I was producing before they even formed as a company). That is improving (at only the speed at which NI can improve things) especially on the forums here (just not on weekends) and we also have or own gripes/issues with the company/software but that should be saved for a dedicated thread on the subject, not dropped into every thread you create and certainly not needed in someone else's thread, especially since in your "long time" you have never been a member of the forums to help anyone else. Entitled is the word that comes to mind.

Was explaining exactly this kind of thing to my 13YO daughter only a few days ago so I have a sense of how kids like to act these days.

Lets move on from this and take it as a learning experience.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

Well this kind of derailed ...

@Casey Rae I agree with everyone and ranting over someone else's thread isn't really productive. As you can see we were waiting for the OP to respond so we can help. We obviously can't come to a solution if there's little information. You also created your own thread specifically for this issue. In the future, please let's stick to one thread so we can keep this community organized. if you have any issue with our support, you can either let them know via email or ping one of the admin 🙏

This thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.