Saving/opening a Custom sound preset in multiple instances of Vintage Electric. Possible?

Billy86
Billy86 Member Posts: 29 Member

I have a session with two instances of vintage electric running in Kontakt 6. I’ve created a custom sound preset in one instance. I would like to open that custom sound preset to use in the second instance. Is this possible? I don’t see any mention of it in the manual. Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Save it as a snapshot then you can load it in the second instance.

• Billy86

Thanks. Concerned that replaces everything in the second instance, including song parts on keyswitches? Want to keep those and just assign the custom tone settings to the second instance. I guess I could load snapshot in second instance to get the custom tone first, the redo the song parts.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

If you have the exact same NKI loaded in both instances, then you just literally load that snapshot you saved. You don't need to redo your actual MIDI data of course.

• Billy86

Thank you. The thing is, one is Vintage Elec. with the 8 pattern slots, the other is the Vintage Elec. with 4 pattern slots and the melody articulations, so it's not one-to-one. I'll approach setting up using both, and with the same sound preset, differently next time.