Issue with Massive with the new Lunar Echoes expansion

This discussion was created from comments split from: Dive into our new Techno expansion 'Lunar Echoes' 🌙.

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Unfortunately everything is fully up to date, a weird problem indeed. Native Access also doesn't list anything as being broken.

But I might be onto something: are you guys using Massive as VST3 or VST2? Because I took a look at the project file using a hex editor and I noticed the following: "Native Instruments:VST3:INSTR:5653544E694D616D6173736976650000Massiveû    ï VST3", whereas I'm using VST2's.

Either way, I'm starting to wonder if this couldn't have been self-inflicted afterall, so I'm re-installing Massive just to see what happens. Thanks for trying this out as well!

(update)

@Jeremy_NI & @Matt_NI Thanks again for the feedback and help, I figured it out & fixed it!

As it turned out the VST3 part of Massive got removed on my end. However, for some reason this wasn't detected by Native Access, which strikes me as a bit odd because it does always notice when I remove any 32bit versions of the plugins. And because I only use the VST2 versions of the software I never noticed this, until now.

Answers

• ShelLuser

So... I just experimented a bit with the expansion and I can't help wonder if there isn't a small bug with some of the demo projects, in specific "Lunar Ray" and "A Superexposed Circuit"?

As soon as I load either of these two projects then I get an error message stating that "Massive couldn't be loaded", see my screenshot above. However, Massive is normally available to me, if I try to manually load Massive onto a sound then I have no problem at all, not even when I try to use some of the presets within this expansion:

Making me wonder if this could be caused by a small bug somewhere?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Is your Massive up to date?

@Jeremy_NI Could that be the same issue we see on Maschine Plus with the Massive version?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

Hey @ShelLuser I've tested these projects and they seem to load without an issue. Just make sure you have updated Massive to 1.5.9.

• ShelLuser
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Unfortunately everything is fully up to date, a weird problem indeed. Native Access also doesn't list anything as being broken.

But I might be onto something: are you guys using Massive as VST3 or VST2? Because I took a look at the project file using a hex editor and I noticed the following: "Native Instruments:VST3:INSTR:5653544E694D616D6173736976650000Massiveû    ï VST3", whereas I'm using VST2's.

Either way, I'm starting to wonder if this couldn't have been self-inflicted afterall, so I'm re-installing Massive just to see what happens. Thanks for trying this out as well!

(update)

@Jeremy_NI & @Matt_NI Thanks again for the feedback and help, I figured it out & fixed it!

As it turned out the VST3 part of Massive got removed on my end. However, for some reason this wasn't detected by Native Access, which strikes me as a bit odd because it does always notice when I remove any 32bit versions of the plugins. And because I only use the VST2 versions of the software I never noticed this, until now.