Lunar Echoes not showing up in Maschine + (fixed)

System
System Posts: 29 admin
edited April 2022 in Maschine

This discussion was created from comments split from: Dive into our new Techno expansion 'Lunar Echoes' 🌙.

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 996 Guru

I bought this and installed via Native Access on my PC. All works in Maschine software.

Just powered up my Maschine+ and it's not showing Lunar Echoes as available.

?????

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@PK The DJ Still not showing up? It is definitely optimized for the Maschine Plus and so it should be there.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

@Matt_NI Just checked it. Download via Native Access worked this morning but still not available on my M+

• finderzh
    finderzh Member Posts: 2 Member

The same at my Maschine+ not available…

• Matt_NI

Actually, little hiccup with the expansion 😓

It requires a newer version of Massive to run on Maschine Plus which will be updated with the next Maschine Plus release. Unfortunately, it won't show up for now until the new version is released which is meant to be quite soon. Sorry about the delay everyone!

• Darius Wala
    Darius Wala Member Posts: 1 Member

same for me...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited March 2022

@Matt_NI wrote:

It requires a newer version of Massive

Mysterious compatibility issues with Massive presets have been reported by users a couple of times now.

Whoever decided is was a good idea to break backward compatibility for preset files with a bug fix release has made a very poor choice. Presets created with Massive 1.5.x should work with any 1.5.x installation and higher.

Breaking changes for file compatibility are ok for major releases (x.0.0) or in some cases dot releases (1.x.0) but never for bug fix releases (1.0.x).

Please report this problem to the Massive Team as major defect.

Either the file structure has to be reverted to the previous state, or if that is not feasible for a good reason, Massive version must be increased and released with a warning note about the breaking change. Preset file versions would be a good idea as well, then the app could at least inform the user that the preset file structure is newer and can’t be read correctly, like:

„This preset was created or saved with a newer version of Massive. Please update Massive to the latest version to use this preset.“

• Matt_NI

They are aware, I'm not entirely sure what happened but hopefully it'll get sorted across the board. The Maschine Plus update is really just around the corner too which means it shouldn't take long at all.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited March 2022

@Matt_NI wrote:

The Maschine Plus update is really just around the corner too which means it shouldn't take long at all.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Maschine+ being behind is just one possible problem. There may be other reasons why users are not on the latest Massive update which breaks compatibility for presets created on version 1.5.9. This might become a major problem for sound designers selling Massive sound libraries.

Good to know the team is aware, and hopefully this issue is resolved soon with a Massive 1.5.10 release.

• w47ty
    w47ty Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thank god I found this thread. I was losing my mind trying to work out what was going on!

I guess will just have to wait for the massive update

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 996 Guru

It would benefit us all if NI just released a patch to update Massive on the M+ so the expansion will install.

Forget about updating the rest of the system, firmware etc. which keeps being put back.

It's been three weeks already.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Call me crazy but in the broader scheme of things I hardly think that one bug in one expansion on one of the platforms not working can possibly take priority over putting the finishing touches on this very eagerly anticipated update.

And I feel pretty confident that if that one bug (about which by the way I haven't heard any complaints reported in any area other than Lunar Echoes on M +), if it was really that easy to fix that it could be separated from the rest of the codebase then they would have already done it. Can we agree that in all likelihood they are neither idiots nor sadists? Let's let them finish the update so that we can all have it and benefit from it. 😁

• DJYano
    DJYano Member Posts: 2 Member

strange, i buy this expansion day one and when i checked my expansion list possible to install yesterday, i saw Lunar Echoes. I installed and this working properly.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

OMFG! AWESOME! I just checked too and it's installing as we speak!

Thanks @DJYano for catching that!

• Matt_NI

Well great news! Deleted my previous comment to avoid confusion and I can confirm the team fixed it last night. Lunar Echoes can now be installed on your M+ without additional steps.