Can't get high resolution in Traktor (windows 11)

creal
creal Member Posts: 36 Member

Hello,

I recently installed Traktor on a brand new machine (Magicbook view 14, with a 2520*1680 resolution). The installation went well but the window is displayed with a low resolution. Therefore, I changed the app DPI settings (application mode). But now, the resolution is too high. I can't get a proper resolution. The "fullscreen resolution" in global settings does not seem to work (any value does not change anything).

Please note that everything goes well with my other laptop (1080p, windows 10).

Pics here:

too low res : https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/09/czos.png

too high res : https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/09/u9kl.png

Thanks for helping

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @creal unfortunately I remember there's a couple of known issues regarding Traktor's incorrect scaling. If you want the issued to be verified and get a bug number as a reference, you're feel free to contact our support team directly.

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 61 Advisor

You can change "Font Size" in "Preferences/Browser Details"

• creal

Thanks. I forgot that aspect. Now it's better but sadly the problem is not solved, as you can see here: https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/10/6x3d.png

• creal

Thanks for your message. Indeed, the "fullscreen resolution" option in global settings does not work. It's clearly a bug. How shoudl I proceed to contact the support team directly? I have my first DJ gig of the season in 4 days, by the way.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
    edited March 2022

You can change the size windows display at.

Still use the full format, but change the percent in settings. I think mine is at 150%

Also change your font to a decent size (but this only applies to the browser).

If you ever lose the bottom of the browser in Traktor. Quickly toggle the fullscreen to get it back.

• creal

Hello Zephry,

I already know these settings. I am using the recommended ones (max resolution and 175% scaling). The font size is at its minimum but it's perfect like that. I don't know what you mean by saying "losing the bottom of the browser". Anyway, unfortunately, these settings are nothing to do with the initial problem, which is the display resolution of Traktor. Maybe it's just because I use Windows 11? Or resolution higher than Full HD? I don't know.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

You can raise a ticket here so our support team can compile the bug reports. They might be able to provide more insights on this topic as well.

• creal

Hi Kaiwan

Thanks. I submitted a ticket. I hope the team will get in touch with me.

Cheers.

• octa
    octa Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023

Hi NI & Kaiwan.

So, what is the fix for this 2022 issue of bad resolution/fuzzy lines and text characters, all over the Traktor Pro 2?

I have a FHD Display 1920x1080 and the image of Traktor is poor, making the eye tired. I had an old laptop with 1600x1900 and the image was crystal clear. The pictures attached are with default W10/Tk Pro 2 settings.

! Some fix may be this, the image becomes clear, but the fonts are too small (I have 150% magnification on W10 settings). almost unreadable, despite the clarity.

[Right click on Traktor starting icon] - [Properties] - [Compatibility] - [Change high DPI settings] - [high DPI Scaling override = Checked] (see results in the last picture attached)

• BrysonNathaniel
    BrysonNathaniel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Adjust the display scaling settings for Traktor by enabling "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and selecting "System" in the Compatibility tab of the Traktor properties. If the problem persists, temporarily lower your display resolution to a standard 1080p setting to see if it resolves the issue. I hope this will help thanks and regards.

• creal

Hello,

I suddenly had a bad problem yesterday just before a gig (Kontrol S4 MK3 not recognized), so I decided to upgrade to the last Traktor version.

And guess what? The resolution got back to the original: big and blurry. I tried all the combinations with the app settings (right click, compatibility tab), but there's nothing to do. I did all the gig with a really bad resolution, which is not cool. Worse than that, I tried to downgrade to the 3.7 version, but it was still impossible to have a decent resolution.

Traktor really sucks at being used with hi-dpi monitors. We're in 2023. It's not serious.