Pitch fader is too imprecise on S4 MK3

Cybertron
Cybertron Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, I have the problem that the pitch fader is too imprecise. It only changes  the bpm in 0.06 steps, but I need 0.01 steps.

Is it possible to change this and adjust it more precisely?

I use the S4 mk3. The software is Traktor 3 version 3.5.2

Comments

• Valentin Cristescu
    Valentin Cristescu Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2022

Hi

Same issue on the CDJ's. Let's open a topic on this issue. 

This issue has always been on HID Mode

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 61 Helper

Did you try to change the tempo range to 8% or less ?

Honestly, if your intention is not using club gear where the functionality to match BPM from one to the other deck is missing I don't see any reason why someone would need to do it the hard way.

But doing it manually I never got to the point where the precision of the pitch fader of S4 MK3 let me down :-)

• Andyb123
    Andyb123 Member Posts: 1 Member

Only way to fix is to put sync on then off. Does anyone else know of a fix as it seems software related?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,657 mod

NI never endorsed it but this mapping adds all the features that are missing from the default mapping. Including the .01 BPM adjust. MASTER + Turn Loop Size encoder.

Check it out: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/9325

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,348 Expert

You can set the tempo range to 4%, which helps.

• djxedit
    djxedit Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi! just got my s4mk3 and having this same issue where tempo slider is not so accurate it jumps by 0.3 - 0.4

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

I feel this may be a limitation on the fader that NI chose to use?

• lord-carlos

0.3 or 0.03?

The first one sounds high, what do you have to temo range set to?

If it's 0.03 then just ignore the difference or use sync.

• djxedit

So the tempo slider works how i want to when using 2% then it moves by 0.01 which is accurate for me. When using 4%or 8% it jumps by 0.03 which i dont like as the songs go more easily out of match which could be a skill issue by me or its just i dont want to worry about it not matchin up all the time!

• lord-carlos

0.03 should take a while before you can hear a difference. Like a minute or so? Maybe more?

You could just press sync if you want perfect match. You can also change sync to just match BPM, not grid.

If you go to a club where they have somewhat modern CDJ-2000nxt2 you will need to mix with 0.1 precision display (and I think 0.03 - 0.05 precision fader)

It might just be "a head" thing, where it trips you out when numbers don't match. I get that. But try match by ear. Could help you overcome it.

• LXNDR_BE
    LXNDR_BE Member Posts: 73 Helper

Like already posted above, it depends on the "Tempo Range" set under "Transport" in Preferences.

If you want 100% precise then sync your decks to master BPM and adjust the master BPM when you play

• djxedit

will try, Ill try to look into the mapping thing if that could help with it but not sure.

@LXNDRTYLR  "it depends on the "Tempo Range" set under "Transport" in Preferences."

Yes! I've noticed this feature, I changed it to 2% so it would be 100% accurate with the 0.01 change but its not always going 0.01 sometimes 0.02 which is fine by me.

NI community is so cool !!!

• djxedit

I've played at a club few times using modern cdj's and i like the 0.01 accuracy which I really want to have when playing at home studio.