Maschine MK3 with thunderbolt cable

Retro-8
Retro-8 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

That's just a USB 2.0 cable with a USB-C connector in one end and a USB2 type B in the other end, in theory, it has to work.

If your laptop only has USB-C Ports you have no other choice but that or a HUB-C hub with USB-A ports + the original cables, USB-3 hubs should work as well and I'd recommend those over USB-2 even if the devices are just USB-2 mainly because I found that they have a lot less issues.

Note that aside from bright colors those Chroma cables have no real advantage VS most similar cables.

• Retro-8
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your help

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

That's just a USB 2.0 cable with a USB-C connector in one end and a USB2 type B in the other end, in theory, it has to work.

If your laptop only has USB-C Ports you have no other choice but that or a HUB-C hub with USB-A ports + the original cables, USB-3 hubs should work as well and I'd recommend those over USB-2 even if the devices are just USB-2 mainly because I found that they have a lot less issues.

Note that aside from bright colors those Chroma cables have no real advantage VS most similar cables.

• Retro-8
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your help