Can I use the pitchbend on the KK M32 without snap back?

theimperfectdrummer
theimperfectdrummer Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello!

I've been researching mini keyboards and have settled on the KK M32 due to its size and wonderful reviews. BUT, I use the Spitfire Audio BBC Orchestra and it uses dynamic and expression levels to make the strings sound more real. I did find this video:

which shows how to set the pitchbend slider so it works like an expression slider...but it appears that you can't turn off the spring back function. I've seen videos on how to change that behavior on OTHER models of the KK series that use touch sliders instead of wheels, but everything I've found sounds like you still can't remove that spring back behavior on the M32.

I wondered if that had changed or if that's still the case.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Still the case, unfortunately there are no options to change the touch strip PB and Mod settings on the M32.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Still the case, unfortunately there are no options to change the touch strip PB and Mod settings on the M32.

• theimperfectdrummer

Bummer. Thankfully not a deal breaker. I usually have my iPad handy so I'm going to look at setting that up as a second controller with sliders on it to write expression and dynamics as I play chords on the keyboard.

My other option is to just hit stop recording before I lift my finger off the pitch bend. I suspect that's what he's doing in the video I linked.

• theimperfectdrummer

For anyone interested, while you CAN use Logic Remote for this sort of thing, when you open the plugin, the sliders are hard to tap more than one at a time and move them. I'm likely going to buy TouchOSC and set that up with giant sliders that are easy to use at the same time.