How to Guide - Wrap your head around our new space 🔍

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

You can't delete a post (just like on the other community afaik) but I'm not sure what you mean with the garbled text. Please send me a DM with more information please 🙏

• Matt_NI

The CoC applies to literally everyone includings mods / admins. The bottom line is that everyone needs to be respectful of each other and if there is a situation where you feel a mod stepped out of line, just let one of the admin know. We're in touch with our mods pretty much every single day and I can say that there is never any harm intended. If someone doesn't feel right about a response, tone or behaviour, I'm sure we can talk about it together 🙏

• soundtrax
    soundtrax Member Posts: 14 Member

Sorry, I guess you guys probably have put a lot of work into the new forum - but this new "idea" isn't working at all. The new NI forum is just an unreadable mess - at least all the questions threads.

Why not simply mark an answer with a colour tag without changing the order of the post?

• Matt_NI

We're adding a colour tag to the post but we still feel pinning the answer on top works best. It prevents having to scroll through pages and pages to find THE post with the solution.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

Did the link on the NI Logo at the top of the page just change? I was a bit confused as I appeared to have been logged out (when I expected to be taken to the forums home page)

• Matt_NI

We did change the header yesterday and our web team asked to make the logo consistent with the rest of the website. Home can be accessed via HOME.

• wayfinder

Is there a better way to deal with people who don't speak English than to close their threads and deny them participation, with the reasoning that everyone should be able to participate?

• Matt_NI
    edited April 2022

As much as we’d love to have many different languages, we’ll need more time and people to be able to monitor international spaces. As it stands, everyone can write on here and there is plenty of folks who don’t speak English engaging regularly (quick translate does the job). Since these few threads are usually about troubleshooting issues, perhaps it’d be good to remind everyone that our support is available in many languages.

• wayfinder

Are there any plans to add forum breadcrumbs at the bottom of the pages? I find myself very often wanting to go back from inside a post, usually at the end of a long page, to the forum I was browsing, and that's a lot of scrolling before I get to the link :)

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Category breadcrumbs is among the top requested improvements for our community, so this is definitely something we have in mind. We'll need to double-check if that'd be something possible to implement soon.

• Matt_NI

@wayfinder There is Back to Top button for the bottom of the page coming next week though.

For feature requests, I'd suggest using the improvements thread here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/2237/upcoming-community-improvements-for-q2

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

whooo, 1st time I see this "new" forum

so I´m searching extremly fast to change from white background/black letters to something mirrored or maybe other colors, cause can´t read it that good and long without headache - yes I know: buy new glasses and/or better new screen-monitor :/

can someone show where I find this or are we forced to this color-sheme?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert

@The Sarge There is no dark theme for this forum, but you could try and use a browser extension like Dark Reader.

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

"no dark theme for this forum"

d_mn, but thanks for fast answer

I´ll give the AddOn a try

regards

The Sarge!

• robin746
    robin746 Member Posts: 4 Member

You really need a big banner on the old forum telling people to come here. Took me 20 minutes to figure out what was going on.

It's also essential that all that valuable information is preserved. Especially the Reaktor Building threads.