Instruments not displaying

wjz
wjz Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hi guys,

I'm encountering this issue where my instrument image isn't showing up or displaying in the instrument list below (as seen in the attached image). This is what I see after I drag the instrument from the library to the right panel. The presets are visible, but the drums are not. It was showing up and working perfectly fine, and then this is what happened after I woke up the next morning.

Does anyone know the reason, or better yet, the solution to this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer βœ“

looking at your screenshot above, you do not have any of the virtual outputs actually assigned to physical outputs (audio interface outputs) which might be the issue. see screen shot...

so for st.1click on the "-|-" at the bottom and the popup will indicate that it is "not connected" click that and you should get a list of available outputs...select them for Ch 01 and Ch 02 and see if that works.

Answers

• Blindeddie

Try clicking just below the Gears Icon to the left of the Instrument name...usually there is an icon there but that is where you click to open/close the interface.

• wjz

When I click that spot, the section where the interface is meant to display turns into the dark grey (as you can see from the first attached image).

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Go to the Options menu (cog button top right), then Audio, take screenshot of that.

I reckon the audio engine is not running. You must have a functioning audio driver selected there and status has to say "Running" for things to work.

• wjz

Is it supposed to be just blank and unclickable alongside the "Device driver configuration" line? 🀨

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Yes, when choosing the WASAPI Driver that line would be blank as well as the Sample rate. do you have any other selections under Driver and Device? and I blame my old eyes for not being able to tell the difference in the background color...😲

• wjz

For "Device", there's only that one option. As for "Driver", there's "WASAPI (Shared Mode}" and "WASAPI {Exclusive Mode}"

• Blindeddie

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Library?

• wjz

@Blindeddie Does it count if I go straight to NI and reinstall it? I did that for both Kontakt and the library to no avail.

• Blindeddie

I would say to uninstall and re-install...in case something might not be getting updated properly with just a reinstall...

• wjz

I just gave it a go now, and still no bueno.

My last suspect is that I did something wrong when trying to route to Ableton. I was following this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENg-9n4RCM) and got to the part where I created the multiple outputs, ending at 1:10-ish. The next morning, the interface was sent to oblivion.

• Blindeddie
    Answer βœ“

looking at your screenshot above, you do not have any of the virtual outputs actually assigned to physical outputs (audio interface outputs) which might be the issue. see screen shot...

so for st.1click on the "-|-" at the bottom and the popup will indicate that it is "not connected" click that and you should get a list of available outputs...select them for Ch 01 and Ch 02 and see if that works.

• wjz

Got it back! I only have channel 1 and 2, though, unlike in your screenshot. Nonetheless, I appreciate the help, particularly the patience, immensely. Thank you! πŸ™

• Blindeddie

My audio interface has 10 outputs which is why I have more channels assigned to physical outs. Anyway, glad you got it sorted!!