• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited March 2022

Look mummy. No cloud in the sky.

A cpu overkill at 44.1 kHz. My sys can run at 29,400 Hz with 76%

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor

Yeah its a bit OTT cpu, and gui.

Maybe swap out the snare for a simpler one, and remove one of the verbs...should run at 33khz ok

218 Member Posts: 16 Member

Is there a kind soul, who wants to upload a stripped down version of this? My machine just freezes completely when I open the .ens😅

• Cal Scott

Ok...i can try make a lighter cpu version. Check back in a day or 2 here.

• Cal Scott

The ensemble is now an 11 gen version that saves about a third on cpu.  

No reverb and a simpler niji snare.

Added multi-outs to enable post processing and editing.

Added a few more XY assignments + fixed 2 of the launchers.

Also Gen 4 was not working due to a synapse misfire - it is fixed and rockin now.

I´ve been messing alot with this the last few days and every time the sound just dies out completely after a certain amount of time, which is reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllllyyyy frustrating :-O I cant seem to find any paticular reason as to why this happens. Has anyone experienced the same issue? :-)

• Cal Scott

That will be my fault...i'll give it a good run and check it out today.

BTW, I was liking the idea to break this ensemble down into blocks and FPP it , and then rebuild an ensemble. So if i can't quick fix it now, i sure to find any errors doing the blocks conversion.

• Cal Scott

Its working fine, but i know what it is. There is a feature called Auto-mute in the top left that randomly stops each gen for a step in a random sequence. Just switch it off and it will run smooth.

@Cal Scott, thank you for your reply:-) Its without a doubt me whos über noObish with this .ens but the same thing continues / or should I say; does not continue. When I switch off automute the sound still dies out, and I cant restart the ensemble no matter what part of the instrument I switch on / off:-O Only reloading the ens. gets it up and running again.

• Cal Scott

Its more likely bad building not your noobishness., i'll have another check. if you can let me know what the cpu hit is when it is running? Its around 60% on my setup, but on a slower machine it could easy max out. Be good to rule that out.

Im nowhere near 60% on my machine. No matter which preset I choose, or how much I tweak the different parameters im never above 14 %, and I dont get CPU spikes or anything like that :-) Im on a P14s Thinkpad running Win 10 with 48 GB Ram and i7 Intelcore processor xD

• Cal Scott

Ok, in that case its probably the levels that are cutting out your soundcard, its a bit of a hot machine.

Try dropping the master out in Reaktors Master volume quite a bit. Might just be that.

Its kinda tough mixing so many noise sources, in the end i had to really cook some gens to force them through the mix, but thats ok, its how it gets its sound. The problem was my error after setting up some presets that max out the master.

I guess this machines big flaw is the mixing side, its not easy enough accurately monitor all the gens and adjust volumes at a glance.

@Cal Scott, I really appreciate your help investigating. Unfortunately lowering the master out in Reaktor does not do a difference. I tried taking notice wether or not a specific preset could be the reason of some sort of overload, but it seems completely random :-)

• Cal Scott

Maybe its time for a V.2 !

But i'll give it a good run today and see what else it could be. Also i'll try to post the original 13 gen version here as an attachment just incase it works,... i ony took it down cause it has a bit CPU heavy, but your machine will handle it no probs