Transistor Punch kits no sound?

swingmix
swingmix Member Posts: 114 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I have Transistor Punch

I found that some KITs in Transistor Punch are silent.

Did you find out?

I marked it with a red line

this is the picture

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

There's only 2 ways to save a Multi-FX chain, meaning more than one FX, either as a Sound or as a Group and the sound design team at NI chose to use Groups. For an FX to be in the Effects Browser it can only have 1 FX.

If you select the Muli FX tag you will see there are presets for a few other expansions there too (small amount) including the built-in Maschine library.

I have them in Transistor Punch, Hexagon Highway, Pulswerk, and the Maschine Lib. For the Mas Lib the Groups have FX chains in more than 1 Pad, this makes it logical for them to be in the Groups category; it's a way to load multiple multi-fx chains that you would use as send/busses.... Group = A group of things, it doesn't = a "A Sample Kit" even tho that's the most common scenario.... however, in the Expansions they tend to only use 1 Pad which makes it a bit strange 🤷‍♂️ You can filter the FX groups out by selecting the "Kit" tag.

I only see them in the Lib and on older expansions so I guess they abandoned this idea at some point.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

They are not actual kits, they are Effects Chains (note it does not say "Kit" next to the name), so there are no previews because the input source to the effects chain could be anything and one particular instrument may not be representative of the sound you choose to route to it. What you would do is load the chain into a new group, then route the output of a sound to one of the effects or use the aux send of the sound.

• swingmix

thanks. So why is this problem only with the Transistor Punch extension? Everything else is separate.

Is this some kind of installation error?

• Blindeddie

Not an installation issue… these are “Groups” not individual “FX” so they are listed as “Groups”. FX chains cannot be saved as FX and displayed under FX.

I assume Transistor punch is one of the only expansion you have that has FX chain “Groups”.

• swingmix

I see the others are separate folders. This one is mixed together.

My understanding is that the official did not do it carefully, and the documents were mixed together.

Then, in future expansions, the content will be separated

• Blindeddie

which others are you talking about?

• swingmix

Other expansions are not mixed together, KIT and FX are in separate folders

• Blindeddie

please be specific so I can check the expansions I have. and again FX "Chains/Busses" are different than individual effects.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

There's only 2 ways to save a Multi-FX chain, meaning more than one FX, either as a Sound or as a Group and the sound design team at NI chose to use Groups. For an FX to be in the Effects Browser it can only have 1 FX.

If you select the Muli FX tag you will see there are presets for a few other expansions there too (small amount) including the built-in Maschine library.

I have them in Transistor Punch, Hexagon Highway, Pulswerk, and the Maschine Lib. For the Mas Lib the Groups have FX chains in more than 1 Pad, this makes it logical for them to be in the Groups category; it's a way to load multiple multi-fx chains that you would use as send/busses.... Group = A group of things, it doesn't = a "A Sample Kit" even tho that's the most common scenario.... however, in the Expansions they tend to only use 1 Pad which makes it a bit strange 🤷‍♂️ You can filter the FX groups out by selecting the "Kit" tag.

I only see them in the Lib and on older expansions so I guess they abandoned this idea at some point.