The Next Komplete Kontrol Hardware

Percivale
Percivale Member Posts: 206 Advisor
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I was thinking after launch of Maschine+ it was proven that NI can pack expansions, samples and effects into hardware with audio interface. Does this mean it is time for a standalone KK keyboard that will become a synthesizer too! What are your thoughts ^_^

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Well, there is much more space in keyboard, so stronger CPU would fit in....

But, probably pads would have to be added and generally all/almost all buttons that Maschine has.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited March 2022

The idea of a standalone hybrid MIDI controller & synth is definitely appealing! I'd love to see that coming.

Let's see what new features a new generation of keyboard can bring along.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,109 admin
    edited March 2022

What would you see being added for a standalone version ?

Interestingly enough, another thread popped up about pads on the keyboards: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/1536/why-don-t-any-of-the-keyboard-controllers-have-pads

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

It's true that the idea is attractive but then I can't imagine the price of such a keyboard 😅

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

It seems to me, great would be a modular system. There was a thread about it in old forum. One guy even spent lots of time and money on design, but could not put it into the life.... He even offered his idea to NI.

Would be cool if there were modules, that could be used either in keybord or standalone or in controller. One could configure thing that suits his needs or pocket. And later on buy/sell parts needed/not used....

Someone wants to have pads on keyboard? OK, just plug them in. Someone (like me) is satisfied with keyboard without screens, and all the buttons and rotaries. Why not? No need to pay for them....

Someone wants Komplete Kontrol+? Why not? Plug in PC module, display module, transport module, pad module, .....

I still think NI prepares something like those units on "9 for 99" visualization (Expansion Sale). Maybe it will not go to production, but there must be, IMHO, at least the proof of concept for those modules....

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert

I'd personally like to see more fleshed out ideas in the KK software from the many great user suggestions before another hardware controller is released and ties up the limited resources again. Seems like my dad who use to start on a new project before the old one was ever finished and no, a cardboard box is not a substitute for a chest of draws!

If a HW synth controller would ever be a thing, it really would need more than 8 fiddly encoders to be interesting (and usable buttons) and i'd only accept pads on the thing if they were for a sequencer, not for finger banging.

• Djork
    Djork Member Posts: 1 Member

NI - Please make a Komplete Kontrol+

I would be quite interested in an 88 key version.

The midi-only keyboards currently offered seem nice enough, but I would only buy a keyboard that can make at least some sound when not using an external computer. Ok for me if full synth capabilities require midi connection, but some subset of the sounds should be usable when offline.

Seems like a no-brainer to add this to the line-up, while keeping analogous lower-cost option without cpu also available as you do with maschine.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited March 2022

@Kubrak said: I still think NI prepares something like those units on "9 for 99" visualization (Expansion Sale). Maybe it will not go to production, but there must be, IMHO, at least the proof of concept for those modules....

I unfortunately have to break this rumor down 🙁 The 'Pocket M+' is a design made specially for the 9 for 99 campaign by the talented lads of The Mushroom Company:

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

Please... NO to the thought of a standalone KK hardware.

It would be about 20 steps backwards in the evolution of "frictionless" music creation.