Looking for a Choral (or voices) Sound Library

mikemurraymusic
mikemurraymusic Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks. Does anyone know if NI offers a "voices" sound Library similar to Yamaha's "All Voices Choir" or "All Choir and Choir/Pads"? See:

Comments

• Roland W.
    Roland W. Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello Mike,

I am not aware of a similar library from NI. If you like Pads that have voice characteristics, NI has a nice one called "Pharlight" - but it's different from what you find on a MODX or Genos for example. Maybe check out the Vocal products at East-West (soundsonline.com) if you need orchestral choirs, or a choir where you can somewhat add your own lyrics to the choir. It all depends on what you want to do :-)

Cheers, Roland

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited January 2022

We have a choir bundle on our webshop alongside other specialized instruments.

Check it out, you'll maybe find something useful 🙌

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/?searching=choir ⬅️

• mikemurraymusic

@Nico_NI thank you

• mikemurraymusic

@Roland W. thank you. I landed on NI's "Glaze" product and for now it seems to be fitting the bill but I'll have a look at Pharlight as well.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Start by using the sample map from my Sumida Reaktor ensemble

Is this enough for a start. Reaktor is an open sys. So you can take the sample off to use it in your project.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I know I'm kinda late to the show but still, I can highly recommend the SoundIron Vocal Suite 2. This is a collection of several Kontakt instruments which provide just what you're looking for, and more.

The chorus ensemble can be easily done using Olympus Elements (part of the bundle) which allows you to set up a chorus which focusses on specific tones and phrases (ah, eh, oh, etc.). However, you also have Requim Light which is specifically made for cinematic scores.

So it's not just a chorus which you're getting but a whole lot more as well!

Maybe food for thought?