Komplete 11 Select upgrade to Komplete 12 ultimate possible?

6xes
6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro
edited February 2022 in Komplete General

can i update a komplete 11 select to a komplete 12 ultimate??

also does Komplete 12 ultimate come bundled with reaktor full?

Answers

• 6xes

okay it seems i have "Komplete 12 select for HW" if that makes any difference?

this may have come with a second hand purchase of the S88 which i have registered to my NI account..

im unsure if this will make a difference.

but i have a oppurtunity to purchase a upgrade to

Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate Software Update

any help in this would be appreciated

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @6xes yes it's possible to upgrade from Komplete Select (that comes with a hardware) to Komplete Ultimate. I take it that you're buying second hand right? You just need to be sure that the license you're going to buy is "Komplete 12 Ultimate Upgrade K Select".

• 6xes

hi again... in my haste of making the purchase... i didnt consider the pathway, nor did i do the necessary research, i entered the serial in my NativeInstruments account and ... it says i havent the base product!!

which made me realise the mistake... live and learn

are there any pathways available to correct this blunder?? *smh*

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

What Upgrade/Update have you bought? You write it is to K12U. But from what product? It may be Komplete Select (but it would work in your case), or Komplete, or Komplete Ultimate.

If it is from Komplete, you need to buy Komplete Upgrade from Komplete Select.

If it is from Komplete Ultimate, you need to buy Komplete Ultimate Upgrade from Komplete Select.

I do not know if Komplete 13, or Komplete 13 Ultimate will work, as they are newer than K12U. But I guess, it will work. Better to ask NI Support, if also version 13 works as base product for K12U Upgrade.

• 6xes

The version i purchased was

komplete Ultimate 12 Upgrade (from komplete 8-11 ultimate)

which almost seems a bit redundant in terms of pathways?? *shrugs

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

OK. You have Komplete Select, so if you want to use purchased upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate from K 8-11 U, you need to buy upgrade to Komplete (8-11) Ultimate from Komplete Select.

You might find one seconhand, but it is a question if it is worth it. Might be better to buy Upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate from Komplete Select (probably wait for summer Sale - there might be 50% off) and sell the K12U Upgrade from K8-11U you just bought.....

• 6xes

yep... its a right mess-up on my part LOL

ho hum 😁

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@6xes You bought a wrong one in the end? 😅 I saw you haven't contacted support yet. Try reaching out to us here: https://bit.ly/n1orders and DM me your ticket number.