Kontakt - Import from SampleRobot

Options
Jochen K
Jochen K Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

Hi everybody,

I am new to this community and fairly new to Kontakt. I just recently bought SampleRobot as well as Komplete 13, mainly because I want to transfer a lot of my hardware synth stuff into the computer for easier access.

I have seen videos and tutorials where people export from SampleRobot (*.sxt) and simply drag and drop that sxt-file into kontakt. That does not work for me, the file browser would not even show the sxt file, only the samples sitting in that same directory.

I read through both manuals, but for the life of me can´t find what I am doing wrong here. I am on Kontakt 6.6.1 (Full version) and SampleRobot 6.5.04. Can anybody point out my mistake (obviously I seem to be making one) and/or tell me about our workflow from SampleRobot to Kontakt?

Thanks in advance,

Jochen

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt 6 no longer supports .sxt files. See "File Formats" at the end of the K6 Manual for supported formats.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kontakt 6 no longer supports .sxt files. See "File Formats" at the end of the K6 Manual for supported formats.

• Jochen K
    Jochen K Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the answer. I resolved to exporting *.aiff from samplerobot and to import the samples that way. Don´t know if that is the easiest option, but let´s see. Got a little bit of a learning curve still ahead of me...

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 249 Pro
    Options

I think some versions of samplerobot can also export to .nks to just drag into kontakt, all ready to go as basic instrument....i did this with autosampler with number of synths i sold off to buy house....samplerobot can build entire instrument by sampling a hardware synth using midi and audio i/o