Sunburst Guitar - Change & set pitch bend range?

Jim Curtis of Texas
Jim Curtis of Texas Member Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Is there a way to change the pitch bend range on the Sunburst and other guitar VIs?

The Pitch Bend range seems fixed at one full note, and I can't see anywhere on the instrument or user manual to change that to another value.

Am I missing something, or is that just a limitation we need to learn to accept?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There appears to be no way to adjust Pitch bend range!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

There appears to be no way to adjust Pitch bend range!

• Jim Curtis of Texas
    Jim Curtis of Texas Member Posts: 7 Member

Thanks Blindeddie, that's what I feared.

Some times I need a greater range and more control on guitar sounds, so my fallback is to use one of the Reaktor synths that has a basic guitar sound, and then add Guitar Rig 6 and effects to taste. Several (if not most) of the synths have adjustable pitch bend range - some can do two octaves.

I surmise that limitation is built in because too much bend might subtract from the realism. Seems like NI needs to come out with a slide guitar VI.

• Blindeddie

Yes, I was going to mention realism, but as a guitar player, I do bend more than a whole note sometimes...It may be that more than a whole note made it sound "Chipmunkish" 🐗...guess we may never know since it can't be adjusted...

• anotherbreed
    anotherbreed Member Posts: 10 Member

+1

I can't believe there are no options for such basic settings... and the library is not even editable in Kontakt :(