Reinstalling Komplete 13 from hard disk after crashed SSD

mikeh100
mikeh100 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2022 in Native Access

I am on a MacBook running Mojave 10.14.6

In November, 2021, I installed Komplete 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition, purchased on a hard disk (named KOMPLETE), to an external SSD (named GLYPH-2TB).

Recently, the SSD crashed. I got it repaired and am trying to reinstall. I have created a new folder on the SSD named NI (so GLYPH-2TB/NI)

Here's a short video showing some recent attempts. (Described in detail below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbZjYFQa91c

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to delete all my existing Native Instrument files, as described here? https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210291865

Detailed description of video:

0:21 Komplete 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition hard drive detected

0:37 Checking file locations in Preferences

0:55 Checking desired content location (GLYPH-2TB/NI)

1:11 Attempt to relocate Abbey Road 50S Drummer ("the content location is invalid" -- apparently I would have to create each folder in advance? - time consuming and error prone)

If I click "REINSTALL" at this point, it starts downloading from the internet, which is not what I want. I want to install from the hard disk version that I purchased the product on (named KOMPLETE).

1:26 Attempt to RELOCATE ALL ("A broken installation was noticed for 172 content libraries")

1:33 Try clicking RELOCATE in the lower right ("relocated 0 libraries")

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Just an FYI, the repair/relocate function is used to find existing installations of products on a drive, meaning that it you had moved libraries from the system to a new ext drive, you would use that to point to the new location, it requires that the library exists.

• mikeh100
    mikeh100 Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2022

Thank you, @Blindeddie. So if I want to do a new install to an empty folder, how would I do that?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

set the content location in Native Access and install. As to why NA is downloading instead of using the installer on the hard drive, I can only speculate that the version of the product may be newer on NA then on the Hard drive...that would be a question for support! Sorry I can't be of more help!