How to use effects in Maschine from the effects tab and also effects within expansions

Storey87
Storey87 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Please I need help on how to use effects within Maschine. To be specific I am not talking about the internal effects in which you press shift+browser plugin, nor am I talking about the performance effects area. I am specifically talking about the effects that you see when you tab over from project, group etc and those effects that you may find within expansion such as transistor punch? This is so confusing to me. Can I put an effect on just a pad or will that effect replace the sample or does effects have to be put on groups?????

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You can add an Effect to an existing sound... In the Software, select the sound slot...where you see the Sound or Synth name in the plugin section there is a + sign underneath. From the FX browser, drag the preset onto the + sign and drop. There are other ways to route effects by loading them into a new group and then using sends to route the signal to the effect (Called Bussing) or assigning the output to the group. Not sure if there is a vid on the subject or not, you could try searching.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

I did forget to mention that using the controller when the Plugin Page is active, pressing buttons 5 and 6 will scroll the loaded plugins in the sound slot. You can press button 6 until it says "Empty" at which point you can go back to the browser and select the FX plugin to add to the chain! Just to clarify that it is not just doable in the software alone...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

You can add an Effect to an existing sound... In the Software, select the sound slot...where you see the Sound or Synth name in the plugin section there is a + sign underneath. From the FX browser, drag the preset onto the + sign and drop. There are other ways to route effects by loading them into a new group and then using sends to route the signal to the effect (Called Bussing) or assigning the output to the group. Not sure if there is a vid on the subject or not, you could try searching.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

I did forget to mention that using the controller when the Plugin Page is active, pressing buttons 5 and 6 will scroll the loaded plugins in the sound slot. You can press button 6 until it says "Empty" at which point you can go back to the browser and select the FX plugin to add to the chain! Just to clarify that it is not just doable in the software alone...