Instruments not showing up in Komplete Kontrol Factory

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello. I installed Komplete 13, the library files on my external drive, and the applications on my main drive. In Komplete Kontrol, the library is not showing up on the Factory preference library page. However, I can trace the correct path to the NI library on my external drive in Native Access under Installation Path. Only four NI instruments (Absynth 5, FM8, Massive, Super 8) show up in the Browser on the Komplete Kontrol Factory page. My entire Arturia library (which is fully installed on my main drive) shows up in the Browser on the Factory page as well. I can load instruments onto the User side of the Browser by initiating a scan on the User preference library. The issue is how this will increase my workflow time. I need all instruments loaded on the Factory side for the purpose of searching, improv, and exploration. I need to keep the User side organized to my own specs without having to deal with instruments I don't wish to sort through. Any ideas on how to get the Factory preferences library to find a path to my external drive. I already tried removing db and db3 files from Service Center, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, and Shared folders. No luck. Should I try uninstalling and then maybe trying to reinstall one app at a time? ๐Ÿ™„ Thanks!

Best Answer

• ChrisB1969
    Answer โœ“

JM

Thanks again for responding. I have been contact with support. They advised me to chunk db3 files from various folders. Then restart Komplete Kontrol. Did not work. I dread going through an uninstall process, but if that is what it takes, so be it. Strange how the Installation Path on Native Access shows the correct locations, yet those paths do not show up in the preferences library. All paths on my main hard drive seem to show up (which is where my Arturia library is stored), but nothing on my external drive, which is where the NI library is stored. Also thanks for the tip on screenshots. ๐Ÿ˜€

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

are you talking about the Kontakt Factory library? Post a screenshot of what you are looking at for Context.

• ChrisB1969

In this screenshot of Komplete Kontrol there are only 4 NI instruments showing up in the Browser under Factory content. There should be a lot of them.

The instruments I expect to find here also don't show in the Komplete Kontrol preferences library under the factory tab. Only instruments on my main drive are showing up.

I can click on the User tab in the library and add them from my external hard drive, and then they will appear in the User content of Komplete Kontrol. But I do not wish to do this because I wish to organize the User content in a manner that is tailored to my immediate needs, not overloaded with a bunch of instruments I am not using or merely wish to browser through when searching. That is what Factory content is for. What is odd is that in my initial download and set-up, Native Access placed my NI library content on my external drive and still shows the correct path to that content.

So I am trying to figure out how to get all of these instruments to show up on the Factory content side of the Browser so that on my S88 I can search under Factory for Types and Characters and not have to switch back and forth between Factory content and User content.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Well many of what you show are not instruments but effects.

And only "official" NKS instruments will appear under the factory browser

Things like Analog Lab are not NKS but there is NKS available here:

If you place it in your USER folder location, it appears in the user browser.

If you save a preset/template from a non-NKS plugin it appears in your User browser

If you want it in your factory library you need to place it in a factory library location. You can do the somewhat complicated way of creating .plist and xml files to make a custom factory entry:

You can simply copy whatever user related files you have that you want in the factory browser into a factory folder. Any folder will work but the suggestion I make (in the link above) is to use your Sounds.com folder which you can find the location by searching:

• ChrisB1969

JetserMgee,

Thanks for responding. I think you lost me at "And only "official" NKS instruments will appear under the factory browser". Inside Komplete Kontrol? In the screen shot below you will note that the User Icon is not lit. This is a picture of my Factory Browser in Komplete Kontrol. Please notice all of the Arturia instruments that are inside that Factory Browser. Unless I am confused and when the User icon is unlit I am not looking at the Factory Browser. Please explain why those instruments would show up both there and on my S88 when there is absolutely nothing currently in the User Browser.

Komplete Kontrol Factory Browser pics

All of those screenshots are of the Factory Browser in Komplete Kontrol. Only four of them are NI. The rest are Arturia instruments. In the Factory Browser. Not the User Browser. Here is a shot of my User Browser.

Please notice in the above screenshot the lit icon for the User Browser inside Komplete Kontrol and the absence of any instruments because I have not loaded any.

Before we go any further, please clarify what I am not understanding inside Komplete Kontrol dealing with what instruments are currently in my Factory Browser vs my User Browser?๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks again

• ChrisB1969

Blindeddie

Thanks for responding. Yes I am talking about the Kontakt library, not the Arturia library. Sorry for not being more clear in my initial post. ๐Ÿ˜€

• JesterMgee

BTW, you can just copy/paste screenshots, way easier as they do not open in another window on this forum.

Yes you are correct in all your statements there and I am with you, unlit icon = factory library. But I was confused with your reference to the user library and also your screenshots of plugins you should have installed as it showed only Arturia and effects that I could see, Arturia are all showing and effects only show when you switch to the FX block after an instrument is loaded.

Seems you have more an installation issue as you say that some of the NI instruments/libraries you have are not appearing in the NKS browser at all which I can see you have only the 4 there.

I would probably look at deleting and reinstalling things over or getting in contact with NI support direct since if it appears in that Factory tab list, it should be scanning into KK if you click the rescan button for sure

• ChrisB1969
    Answer โœ“

JM

Thanks again for responding. I have been contact with support. They advised me to chunk db3 files from various folders. Then restart Komplete Kontrol. Did not work. I dread going through an uninstall process, but if that is what it takes, so be it. Strange how the Installation Path on Native Access shows the correct locations, yet those paths do not show up in the preferences library. All paths on my main hard drive seem to show up (which is where my Arturia library is stored), but nothing on my external drive, which is where the NI library is stored. Also thanks for the tip on screenshots. ๐Ÿ˜€

• JesterMgee

It could be some kind of old plist files or xml files which did not update correctly.

If you know how to edit .plist and xml files you could try some experimenting to update the wrong locations you see to the correct ones. Refer to this specific post for the locations and overview of the files: