Hammers & Waves Install not working

Musicrn
Musicrn Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi. Just purchased the Hammers + Waves bundle on my Mac to use in Logic Pro X. Install seemed to go well. Opened logic and tried to use. Was able to access Kontakt, but the Instruments, presets, etc don't load; Skyaudio tech said to reinstall, then relocate files. Installation again went fine. Still nothing. Moving files didn't help; in fact created duplicates. Uncertain what is wrong and how to fix. I'm computer friendly, but not super savvy. Help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Musicrn
    Answer ✓

Thank you for all your advise! I watched more videos and was not seeing what I was suppose to. Even though I reinstalled everything multiple times, I thought I'd try to only reinstall Kontakt. That seemed to do the trick! I was able to load the license. I will now hope when I have a chance to "play" with this, it works!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Did you try opening it in Standalone first?

• Musicrn

Yes and get the same resy

• Musicrn

same results

• Blindeddie

Does it show in the kontakt library? can you post a screenshot of Kontak?

• Musicrn

Here is a screen shot

• Blindeddie

Click on Instruments (the actual word) and it should slide down to reveal the instrument patches...

• Musicrn

It does and then asks to select the file. It takes to the folder and I click on an instrument. It looks like it wants to load but doesn't.

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

OK post a screenshot of that?

Also, those libraries appear to be large, depending on the type of drive you have them on, it may take a while to load...and if you are using windows defender, make sure to exclude the folders from real time scan...can slow loading down to a crawl!!!

• Musicrn

It will flash the piano (that's the instrument I chose) and flashes so fast I cannot capture. Then this is what I see

• Blindeddie

post a screenshot after you click on "Instruments" and do it in standalone not as plugin

• Musicrn

Here is the screen shot

• Blindeddie

Ok, it appears that you have not activated the license as outlined in bullet point 2 of the section “Download + Installation” on the page that is loaded when you click the “Need Help” link. Download the license file from your account to a location on your computer, then when prompted, select that file.

• Musicrn

I try to install the license, but when asked to select the app to open the downloaded license in, Kontakt is not an option. When I select "app store", I get a message stating the app is not available in my country. I live in the USA. I can see the downloaded license for skyaudio, but just cannot load into Kontakt

• Musicrn

Here's what I see:

• Musicrn
    Answer ✓

Thank you for all your advise! I watched more videos and was not seeing what I was suppose to. Even though I reinstalled everything multiple times, I thought I'd try to only reinstall Kontakt. That seemed to do the trick! I was able to load the license. I will now hope when I have a chance to "play" with this, it works!