How to use maschine mkiii as midi controller without CC messages

Anthony Colando
Anthony Colando Member Posts: 27 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Im trying to use maschine mkiii as a midi controller for Steven slate drums 4 plugin. according to SSD they said my controller is emitting CC messages and that I need to turn this off. Its causing the midi notes to cut off. Does anyone know how I can change the settings on the maschine so the controller doesn't give off CC messages?

Please and thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Anthony Colando

Does NI have a support phone number? email support tickets take forever. Have to wait days for each response. at this rate it will takes weeks to get my questions answered.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

Did you try to configure your Maschine via the Controller Editor?

Download available here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/

• Anthony Colando

No. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the info. 👍

• Anthony Colando

Thanks a lot for the help. This helped me figure it out. I needed to change the Press type to OFF. It was set to Note. Now its working. No help from NI at all. I miss the days of being able to pick up the phone and call to ask a question and get an answer. Thanks again.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@Anthony Colando wrote:

Thanks a lot for the help. This helped me figure it out. I needed to change the Press type to OFF. It was set to Note.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you found a solution!

So it wasn‘t CC messages that were the problem — which I thought was an odd assumption by SSD support — but Maschine sending additional Note ON and OFF messages while you were pressing the Pads. I didn‘t even know that this was possible in MIDI Mode. Although I have no idea how that could be put to musical use, I wonder why it threw the SSD plugin off. You should have heard double triggers but no note cutoffs since drum sample players generally ignore Note OFF messages.

• Anthony Colando

It was acting and sounding strange. Normal hit would just cut short. A very quick short tap would only have an echo sound. So something was definitely wrong due to that setting. SSD was the one that told me it was CC messages. 🤷🏻‍♂️