How to add another drum to a channel in modern drummer

Anthony Colando
Anthony Colando Member Posts: 27 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

I opened up a kit in modern drummer within kontakt. I routed the channels into logic within the kontakt mixer. The problem im having is that I cant figure out how to change out a drum to a channel in the kontakt mixer. one of the sounds is a wood block labeled WB. If I change it to a clapping sound and route it to the same channel, it doesnt show up in that mixer channel. Its only showing up in the room or overhead channels. Im noticing the same issue with the cymbals. how do I create a separate track for cymbals? they all seem to just show up in the overhead mics.

I appreciate any help.

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited March 2022

That's by design. Not every sound was close mic'd, so some would show up only on overhead/room channels.

This is how recording drumkits usually works.

• Anthony Colando

Is there a way to make a certain drum sound louder? Or to just record a separate instance of kontakt with just that instrument?

there’s a point that I want the tamberine loud but I don’t want the cymbals blasting and all the other sounds in the overheads

• EvilDragon

Well, tambourine has a separate mixer channel in Modern Drummer, so you can adjust its volume for sure.

• Anthony Colando

I was just giving an example. I’m trying to figure out how to make the ones that aren’t in the mixer louder without effecting the other overhead sound

• EvilDragon

You can select the particular kitpiece on the main kit view, then adjust OH Mix and Room Mix knobs.