Move my NI library or start from scratch??

eldean0
eldean0 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

Hey Guys,

Its been 4 years since I've done anything with my home studio. I have had complete since version 6 and I think the last one I had was ultimate 12 so I have all my complete library on my sound drive including some of the older instruments libraries..

So my question is should I drag this to a mac formatted drive as I'm moving from PC to mac will it save me time, or should I just go from scratch after upgrading the latest komplete ultimate ?

Would I be missing or losing anything going from scratch, what would you do lol?

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Moving files from PC to a MAC formatted drive is not as simple as Drag And Drop as you cannot access a MAC formatted drive from PC. Here is an article on that subject...I would give it a read.

How to Transfer Files from Windows PC to MAC in 2022 (techviral.net)

As far as things you could move, it would only be Library Content only and then use Native Access to locate that content on the new computer (article below on that), you would still be required to do a fresh install of Apps and Plugins (Kontakt, Reaktor, any synths, Guitar rig etc.) as native PC. EXE's will not work on Mac. Granted the installers for these apps/programs are much smaller than Libraries.

Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

ultimately the choice is yours and whichever rout you go...Good LucK!!!

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Yes, moving instead of reinstalling libraries would save lots of time... from what you have said, it appears like you know what you are doing as far as computers go so that is a huge plus👍️. Again, Good luck with the move!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Moving files from PC to a MAC formatted drive is not as simple as Drag And Drop as you cannot access a MAC formatted drive from PC. Here is an article on that subject...I would give it a read.

How to Transfer Files from Windows PC to MAC in 2022 (techviral.net)

As far as things you could move, it would only be Library Content only and then use Native Access to locate that content on the new computer (article below on that), you would still be required to do a fresh install of Apps and Plugins (Kontakt, Reaktor, any synths, Guitar rig etc.) as native PC. EXE's will not work on Mac. Granted the installers for these apps/programs are much smaller than Libraries.

Reinstalling a KOMPLETE Bundle Without Re-Downloading KONTAKT Libraries – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

ultimately the choice is yours and whichever rout you go...Good LucK!!!

• eldean0

Thank you yes i figured i could use paragon or mac drive, otherwise id need to move to the mac then back to a mac formatted drive etc.. But thank you for sharing.. And yes only for library files and session files. Programs I gotta reinstall of course. And plugins. Some settings can be carried over.

So pointing to the already installed libraries and then just getting whatever is new may be my quickest option? I've definitely got a good weeks worth of installs to do here so any time saving helps lol..

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Yes, moving instead of reinstalling libraries would save lots of time... from what you have said, it appears like you know what you are doing as far as computers go so that is a huge plus👍️. Again, Good luck with the move!!!

• eldean0
  • AlbertoCarlos
    AlbertoCarlos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2023

The subsequent way gives the unadulterated elements and points that can see your picture in the right position. In addition, numerous software https://shahzifpc.com/movavi-photo-editor-crack/ is available on the lookout however they don't offer legitimate apparatuses for altering.