How do I adjust input volume?

jboughen
jboughen Member Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I am running Maschine Studio as a standalone with Komplete Audio 6 and I'm trying to sample some live instruments. The problem is that the input volume is too high and I can't figure out what is causing this. Is there a way to lower the input volume so I don't have to worry about clipping so much?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jboughen
    Answer βœ“

Just an update, it's a hardware malfunction that needs to be repaired by Native Instruments.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Turn down the input gain on the KA 6? And not quite sure what you mean by "Maschine Studio as a Standalone"... please clarify!

• jboughen

I turned down the input gain and it doesn't seem to do anything. By, that I mean I'm not using it as a plugin.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

check page 51 of the manual, talks about the Studio "I/O and Level" controls on the Controller.

Sorry for the confusion on Standalone, with the advent of the Maschine+, standalone has taken on a whole new meaning when it comes to the controllers!!!

• jboughen

Yeah I tried that already, it's not working. The knob can change the output volume but it's not doing anything when I try to change the input volume. Perhaps there's a technical error I should report?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

What are you trying to record? Does the instrument have a LINE output or is it something with high impedance? A Guitar thru an Amp maybe?

Switch the Input on the KA-6 to "instrument" as well as turn down the gain, if none work then you have to lower the output on the instrument itself.

• jboughen

I'm trying to record acoustic instruments with a mic. Thanks for trying to help, but I think I'll have to contact Maschine support.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@jboughen Let us know if you have any update, always useful to share solutions with the community πŸ™

• jboughen

Will do. ☺️

• jboughen
    Answer βœ“

Just an update, it's a hardware malfunction that needs to be repaired by Native Instruments.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
  • jackdenied
    jackdenied Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have same issue with Komplete Audio 1 - Inputs volume is so low, that can't used it. Just realised now. Where can I send that?