Waves J37 plug in crackle is on constantly

AxMusic
AxMusic Member Posts: 117 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I recently used this plug in on a master track. I noticed the plug in causes a bit of almost vinyl crackle on the track. I love that effect but see that the crackle is on constantly even when the track itself is not playing. On this track I have a fade in, and fade out. And the effect can be heard in these sections. How can I set this plug in to engage only when there is audio signal coming in?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

It's an analog modelled plugin so will have constant noise through it like analog gear would. Designed to make things sound like an old tape machine which in the real world, you cannot switch off :)

Unless you automate a fade of the plugins output as well it will always be present so you would have to find what control can reduce the level of the output and automate it to fade in as you bring in everything else.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

It's an analog modelled plugin so will have constant noise through it like analog gear would. Designed to make things sound like an old tape machine which in the real world, you cannot switch off :)

Unless you automate a fade of the plugins output as well it will always be present so you would have to find what control can reduce the level of the output and automate it to fade in as you bring in everything else.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

put a gate after it.