BUG: Fresh installation of Maschine 2 Factory Library missing files

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

A fresh installation of Maschine 2 Factory Library via Native Access is missing these 10 presets for Drum Synths which were included in previous versions:

• Breaker Dnb
  • Breaker Dub
  • Breaker Fat
  • Breaker Rim
  • Breaker Tight
  • Crash Alpha
  • Crash Bell
  • Crash Box
  • Crash Gate
  • Crash Rider

Is there any explanation for this?

Comments

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

This doesn't look like a bug to me; the definition of a bug is that it can be reproduced. Well, if I check my setup then I can still find these presets:

So, as for an explanation... could be anything: are you sure you're looking at the right section? Did you change anything in the mean time or is your main library located on an external storage perhaps?

• ozon
    edited January 2022

Thank you for confirming that these presets should be available!

Did you do a fresh install with the current version within the last two weeks?

I tried several installations from scratch and made a diff to my old Library on a different disk.

Result is always the same (so far).

Also, you‘re on Win, I’m on Mac.

(BTW, please don’t try to educate me on what a bug is and what not, I have plenty of experience with software as a user, as a developer and as a tester.)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

I've renamed my lib folder temporarily and did a fresh install and those presets are there, I also did a diff -rf check and it's all good here. Try again, maybe there was an issue and it has been fixed?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Perhaps you are looking at the Instrument Tab and not the Sounds tab? There are two sets of Drumsynth Presets.

• ozon

Thank you for checking this out. I’m not looking at any tab, I did a file diff between the old and the new installation.

However, I’ll try another fresh install as suggested by @D-One

• ozon

FYI, the diff output of the current compare:

mac:oli$ diff -r Maschine\ 2\ Library/ Maschine\ 2\ Factory\ Library/
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Documentation/License Agreement: ThirdPartyContent.rtf
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Breaker Dnb.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Breaker Dub.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Breaker Fat.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Breaker Rim.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Breaker Tight.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Crash Alpha.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Crash Bell.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Crash Box.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Crash Gate.mxsnd
    Only in Maschine 2 Factory Library/Drumsynth Presets: Crash Rider.mxsnd

Interesting is that the ThirdPartyContent.rtf is also missing ( I had forgotten about that one).

Now going to try a fresh install...

• ozon

New installation, exact same result as above.

• ozon

@D-One my version of Native Access is 1.14.1 (R156). Are you using a different version?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

Oops, I forgot I'm ahead due to an NA beta but I tried again with the current version, same result.

mac:oli$ diff -r Maschine\ 2\ Library/ Maschine\ 2\ Factory\ Library/

How come you have the same path there twice? It looks like you're comparing a folder with itself.

Your results seem odd, I get a bunch of matches for hidden .DS_Store files for example.

hackintosh@Diegos-iMac-Pro-2 ~ % diff -r /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine\ 2\ Library /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine\ 2\ Library 
    Binary files /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine 2 Library/.DS_Store and /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/.DS_Store differ
    Only in /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/External Instruments: .DS_Store
    Only in /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/FX: .DS_Store
    Only in /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/Groups: .DS_Store
    Binary files /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine 2 Library/Samples/.DS_Store and /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/Samples/.DS_Store differ
    Binary files /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine 2 Library/Samples/Instruments/.DS_Store and /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/Samples/Instruments/.DS_Store differ
    Binary files /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine 2 Library/Samples/Loops/.DS_Store and /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/Samples/Loops/.DS_Store differ
    Binary files /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/Maschine 2 Library/Sounds/.DS_Store and /Volumes/SSD/NativeInstruments/_Maschine 2 Library/Sounds/.DS_Store differ

Maybe it's because you're in Mojave and theres a specific bug related to it? I guess you have to contact support.

• ozon

Thanks for checking.

• I don’t have the same path twice. I compare „Maschine 2 Library“ with „Maschine 2 Factory Library“. The reason for this is explained in my bug report for NA in another thread (which should be moved from the Komplete Kontrol forum to the Native Access forum).
    • I removed all irrelevant results of hidden .DS_Store files from my diff output.

I really have a hard time imagining how tge macOS version should have any impact on whether these files are installed or not, but it is a difference. Another aspect could be my registrations.

Seems like I have to file a bug report.

Forum Feature Request: Allow (Mods) to create tickets directly from forum threads.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

So, I just thought of another thing: how are you using Maschine? As a VST or stand-alone?

See, it's my experience so far that when you change something more drastic to your library then firing up Maschine in stand-alone mode can often help to force a rescan. Sometimes the VST doesn't seem to fully refresh and then removed contents still appears (obviously new stuff won't appear).

Could this also apply to your situation perhaps?

• ozon

@ShelLuser : Ising it in both ways.

However, as already mentioned, I’m not talking about what appears in the Maschine browser, but about files on disk installed by Native Access.

But this gave me an idea: Maybe those files are actually installed in a new location and the old Library contains both locations while the new one only contains the new location.

Gotta check.