Kontakt Not Responding

Crash Manly
Crash Manly Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hi there, I just purchased Komplete 13, Komplete kontrol works but Kontakt does not... it will play through Komplete Kontrol, but when I launch the standalone version it looks liek all my libraries are loded, but it says Kontakt (Not Responding) in the window title and I have to kill the process to get rid of it. I have reinstalled it, tried in safe mode, same thing. Anything else I can try?

These are also happening my DAW but since they are happenining stand alone as well I am thinking it is a windows issue

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

To clarify, it goes into "Not Responding" mode as soon as you open Kontakt or does it happen when you try to load a library? If when loading library, which library?

• Crash Manly

Thanks for the reply... it stops responding immediately. Over this past evening I installed many, but not all, of the libraries that came with Komplete 13 standard edition... Unfortunately I don't remember now if it worked before I started downloading all of the content.

• Crash Manly

hmmm, Blindeddie, your post give me an idea, I moved all of the content out of the desiganted content directory and then the Kontakt app opened fine... I started moving items back one by one to the designated content directory. It loads with some of them, and with others the problem comes back, it says not responding. very strange... I tried reinstalling one that hangs it up from native access, but it still hung it up...

It seems to run fine with all of these these loaded:

Abbey road drummer

analog Dreams

Butch Vig drums

Hybrid keys

Kontakt factory library and Factory selection...

But when I move any of the others back into the content directory, for example Vintage Organs or Session horns, and it hangs on load.

Anyway still trying to figure out whats going on

• Crash Manly

One more thing, when I do get Kontakt to load, It crashes instantly with a minidump file anytime I hit the Database menu item.

• Crash Manly
    Answer ✓

OK after spending literally 6 hours trying to figure this out, I finally fixed it... I did dozens of searches, then I stumbled across this and did all the steps and it worked... https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004169849-KONTAKT-Crashes I wish I would have found it this morning and I could have an extra day of life. Anyway it seems to be working now in case anyone has a similar problem I hope this is helpful!

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Glad you got it sorted. I just saw all your posts, and was going to suggest the Audio/Midi reset, as I had the same issue not too long ago when I got a new Audio Interface... drove me nots as well...