NI expansions loops and one shots with waves cr8 sampler

Shadowlife
Shadowlife Member Posts: 33 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete General

hello everyone, i recently purchased waves cr8 creative sampler, and id like to know the right way to transfer all loops, one shots and samples into cr8. I have already done part of it by going to this pc, documents and added my ni folder into cr8. and everything went fine, it seems that all of them aren't entirely there, but I'm not sure. are there other folders that i should be transferring from to make sure i have them all in cr8. if anyone is familiar with what im trying to do, please get back to me. thank you very much.

Best Answers

• Shadowlife
    Answer ✓

ok i will. thank you

• Shadowlife
    Answer ✓

got a lot of searching to do, to see if everything is there, im narrowing it down to sub categories thank you so much for your help !

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

The screenshot you sent is the wrong folder… you should be looking in your documents folder for the content (NA Default) is c:\Users\Public\Documents

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

NI Tags are for its own NKS browsing system, Cosmos does not care about them.

Adding your full NI content folder into Cosmos is a pretty bad idea...The "Instruments" folder inside Expansions have multi-sample wavs meaning a bunch of samples of the same instrument in different notes, Cosmos does not automatically know what to do with those so you will have a bunch of dupes; also, the Expansions have a hidden folder with low quality .ogg Audio for the NKS Preview system, Cosmos catches those too and having all previews listed is pretty bad if what you want is an organized and practical browsing experience.

To check if all samples are recognized just compare the number of files:

I have around 1400 wavs recognized from 1500, the difference is prob because folders count as items and there's some hidden files there too. In your shoes, I would only add the sub-folders that matter (and only have wav loops or one-shots) to keep the browser clean, one Expansion at a time.

My Deep Matter Samples folder took 6-7 min to load (I have a 6-core i7 desktop), so if you add a lot of Expansions on a lower-end laptop it will take a really long time, that's normal.

Answers

• Blindeddie

Please clarify "It Seems that all of them are not Entirely there", what might be missing? If all the NI content is under the NI Folder you specified and it is a format recognized by CR8, it should be available.

• Shadowlife

hi, i mean that it seems that i should have way more drum loops than 88, when i specify drums under loops in cr8 but maybe im wrong. how do i know for sure. thanks

• Blindeddie

It appears that the Tags NI uses do not translate to CR8/Cosmos. The easiest way to tell is to go to your NI Content folder, pick an expansion, go to Samples -> Loops -> Drums, pick a loop and then search for it in Cosmos... you will then see the file info, probably no "Drums" tag foundfor most Drum loops.

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

scratch what I said above, I noticed as time passed after adding my Expansions folder that a larger number of files kept showing under the drums + Loops tags and the Little animated Folder Icon (just above "Local Folders") was dancing, and there was a timer icon next to the folder I added that kept increasing... so it appears that it just may be taking a long time to scan the files for tags... for me, 34,000 files to scan and is moving super slow.....

• Shadowlife

oh yes, i didn't realize that at first either, it a little round circle that gets filled up little by little. but it's been all filled for a while now. should i still try what you mentioned in the other post ?

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Well if you think you are missing some things , give it a shot to see "if" and "how" the file got imported and tagged...

edit: 1/2 hour and not even at 10% yet... yikes

• Shadowlife

yeah man, it takes a long time, but i really like this sampler and how everything is organized in cosmos. ill try what you said thanks !

• Shadowlife

every folder i pick im not seeing samples loops and drums, i think im misunderstanding you

• Blindeddie

Try London Grit - samples - loops - Drums there should be seven drum loops…

• Shadowlife

nothing says samples and loops, when i click on database says opening file could harm my system. idk, this doesnt make sense

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Is that your content location? Check NA preferences to see where the “Content location” is….

• Shadowlife

at this point im not sure, but ill check preferences

• Shadowlife

no luck ,i checked preferences, brought me to where i was the screenshot i posted. ill probably have to contact support on this. but all you did was go to this pc documents and added ni folder to cr8 ? and that should be it your saying. i have a thing with being as organized as i can.

• Blindeddie

Post a screenshot of the contents of the London Grit folder, there should be folders underneath that for Groups, Samples, Sounds and Presets… under samples should be folders for one hits, loops etc., inside loops should be Drums… I have all my expansions in a folder called “NI Expansions” on my E drive. I selected that as a new folder and it started the scan… still going BTW…

• Blindeddie

Another thing to try, is open Komplete Kontrol go to the Factory Loops Browser, right click a loop and select find in Explorer. That will be the actual content location…