Orchestral Libs Organisation - Articulation routing in K6/VEP

Byxx
Byxx Member Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hey,

I am not sure to go for the proper solution at the moment. I have seen, that a lot of orchestral composers prefer single articulation templates against key switch setups. Regarding this, my question would be:

How would you route single articulations with VEP/K6 for a orchestral lib:

a)

Let´s say: Violin 1:

Up to 16 articulations (16 MIDI channels) in each of the 16 Stereo Outs of one VEP, so you have one K6 instance on each VEP channel routing back only one single articulation on one Stereo out -> would exceed my VEP intances very soon of course...

b)

Violin 1: up to 16 Articulations (using 16 MIDI channels) being 16 K6 patches: sus, trill, stacc etc) running into St1(KP) and then into VEP OUT1/2,

Violin2: 16 Articulations (16 K6 patches) routed to St1(K6) and then to VEP OUT 3/4

etc.

🙃

THX

Whats the best idea to distribute the single articulations?

Best Regards

BX

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

I would suggest using up 16 MIDI channels in a single Kontakt instance. You don't really need separate outputs for each articulation.

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

Maybe @EvilDragon knows best practice on this one ?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓

I would suggest using up 16 MIDI channels in a single Kontakt instance. You don't really need separate outputs for each articulation.

• Byxx
    Byxx Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2022

Ah, I see...THX!!

Would you run Metropolis Ark 1-4 in one VEP Instance? Would come to Ports B-D then, but I am searching for a way to make them active. At least I would route them back into Audio-Stems (Stereo Groups) like Strings, Reeds, Brass, Percussion and such...

THX a lot

Best

BX