monolith instruments loading problem

Guillaume
Guillaume Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hello,

I had created monolith instruments a few years back saved as .nki files. Meanwhile I have upgraded my computer and Kontakt version as well and I cannot load the instruments anymore. I managed to add them as a library but Kontakt still asks me to install the library when I try to load any instrument ! They're not commercial instruments, they're my own. Please help as it took me a very long time to make them, thank you :)

Guillaume

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Guillaume
    Answer ✓

Ok So I've finally resolved my problem. If I save a commercial instrument that I own seperating the samples and then re-use the samples to create my own instrument (for my personal use) I've learned that the original library must be installed. I must say that I don't like that policy because my whole goal was to reduce the size drastically but if the original library must be installed then I *increase* the size since I now have 2 libraries installed ! It's many (many) Gb for nothing. Thanks to Jeremy at NI for having helped me here :)

Regards,

Guillaume

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

Do you have the full version of Kontakt or using Kontakt 6 Player ?

Perhaps @Jeremy_NI knows what could be happening here ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

Hey Guillaume, if you want to use self made Kontakt instruments you need the full version of Kontakt 6. Is it the case ?

• Guillaume
    edited March 2022

I use the full version of Kontakt 6. Any suggestion ?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Guillaume, can you access these nki instruments through the FIles browser when in Kontakt ?

• Guillaume

When I try to load them through the Files browser I get the same error "The instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed". Same message if I install as a library. They're monoliths, any way to convert them to something usable ?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Guillaume, do you remember what version of Kontakt you were using ? When you say that you managed to add them as a library, I'm afraid you refer to a hack that some users used to have their own created instruments appear like commercial ones, meaning appearing in the Library tab. I remember that this wasn't working anymore after Kontakt 5.6.6, since the libraries were handled by Native Access. I will contact you by email though, see if my colleagues can help you out.

• Guillaume

ok I'll continue by email then and post here the solution if found.

• Guillaume
    Answer ✓

Ok So I've finally resolved my problem. If I save a commercial instrument that I own seperating the samples and then re-use the samples to create my own instrument (for my personal use) I've learned that the original library must be installed. I must say that I don't like that policy because my whole goal was to reduce the size drastically but if the original library must be installed then I *increase* the size since I now have 2 libraries installed ! It's many (many) Gb for nothing. Thanks to Jeremy at NI for having helped me here :)

Regards,

Guillaume