On MK3 is there a way to shift-nudge like you could on the Studio?

basehead617
basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor
edited March 2022 in Maschine

After getting used to the Mk3, probably the only thing I still miss about my Studio is the big jogwheel - but most specifically I miss it for holding SHIFT-NUDGE and then using the wheel to move selected notes back and forth a very small amount (much smaller than the actual nudge amount, though maybe it was a subdivision of the nudge value)

On the Mk3 you already have to hold SHIFT in order to NUDGE </> with pads 7+8, so you can't SHIFT-SHIFT, if that makes sense.

So is there any way on this controller to do that tiny nudge easily?

(I asked this ages ago but trying again)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes there is a way to move an event more finely with shift+nudge. In Event mode, you must deactivate GRID mode (button 4 above the screens)

Answers

• Olihop
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes there is a way to move an event more finely with shift+nudge. In Event mode, you must deactivate GRID mode (button 4 above the screens)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

It's kind of like Olihop said but... If you're on the Events Menu holding Shift will ignore the Grid and move with fine detail so you don't actually have to turn Grid off, the same applies to the Step Menu.

You can also enable STEP and the Swing/Position button, then hold a pad and turn the 4D Encoder, this ignores the Grid , Shift + 4D left/Right also does the same thing; however, this is only useful if you have STEP enabled but are not in the STEP Menu because if you are you might as well just use the method described earlier as it's faster.

• Olihop

We learn something new every day :)

• basehead617

When I hold a pad in STEP mode, the screens switch to CHANNEL or PLUG-IN view depending on which mode I'm in.. kind of makes it pointless to try to move the event since I can no longer see it on the piano roll (though it still moves)

• basehead617
    edited February 2022

I guess the best thing is in both STEP and EVENTS, SHIFT + KNOB 1 is Position and ignores grid when SHIFT'd..

On the Studio it was just nice because I could select a few events on-screen in the UI, then use SHIFT+NUDGE+JOGWHEEL no matter what modes were going on.