Komplete Kontrol S family Undo button & Logic (KBDSW-6777)

cjacoby78
cjacoby78 Member Posts: 13 Member
edited February 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all,

I have had this issue for two years now on different mac OS versions with Logic Pro. Hitting the Undo button to undo a first recording on a track with the Komplete Kontrol plugin makes my S88 switch to midi mode… very annoying… have to switch back and forth between tracks for it to show the Komplete plugin instrument settings again…

Any ideas?

This is crucial in my workflow because I rarely nail it on my first recording attempt…

Cheers,

CJ

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited February 2022

Hey @cjacoby78 It is indeed quite an old bug (KBDSW-6777) I contacted the Komplete Kontrol team to know where it's at and will update this thread as soon as I get information to share.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @cjacoby78 I got feedback from the team. Unfortunately this won't get addressed any time soon as there are higher priorities at the moment. I hope you will find a way around this issue.

• cjacoby78

Thanks for the feedback!

Well I guess that I will have to keep using the delete button of my regular keyboard instead.

However I don’t see why they put an Undo button there if it doesn’t work as it should… at least for Logic.

• DevTL88
    DevTL88 Member Posts: 9 Member

I've noticed this glitch with logic. My keyboard isn't within arms reach of my keyboard and mouse - so when I'm recording a part and want to undo - I hit undo, then use the encoder knob to scroll up to a different track, then back down to the original track and it resets the controls and kicks it out of midi mode.

Would be nice to have this fixed, fortunately for me I've been able to work around it.

• cjacoby78

Yeah I'm aware of this workaround... Thanks. But it’s somewhat cumbersome…

• DevTL88
    DevTL88 Member Posts: 9 Member

I totally agree, it's a nuisance. It works flawlessly in ableton for me... I just much prefer working in Logic. I'll submit an issue with NI about this glitch. Hopefully others with the same issue can do the same so there's a bit more traction to get this fixed.

• g-raz
    g-raz Member Posts: 4 Member

I have the same problem.