What are the specs of a S4 MK2 Tempo/Pitch fader ?

Hi there,

Someone spilled some liquid on my friend's S4 MK2 during a party, and the pitch is now going completely nuts, even after putting some WD 40 several times.

So, we are now planning to dissemble the controler and change the pitch by ourselves, but we can't find a reliable source on which spare fader is compatible or not (we only found for volume faders).

I have read somewhere (old NI forum) that the fader is an Alpha B10KX2, but there seems to be different specs for this one, and we can't be sure.

Anyone knows where to look ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

hey @Kouent - reached out to the team and received some insightful information - hope this helps.

The original is an "A-Plus" SL8016G-1V1-15G0-0B10K. These are difficult to obtain. It is a 10k ohm, Line Fader Dual, 80mm, Linear.

I think this was based on the Pioneer B10k part. But the user needs to be careful to match the correct part as there are a lot of parts that are labelled "B10kx2" but are not.

Here are the dimensions they will need to match:

Answers

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Welcome to the forum.

Yikes, I think we all know someone that this has happened to. Luckily, I’ve only spilled drinks down myself in the past.

I can’t give you the info you need but maybe @Ryan_NI can ask one of the folks backstage?

Karlos.

• Ryan_NI

Don't know it off the top of my head - let me look into it and see what I can find out :)

• Ryan_NI
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

hey @Kouent - reached out to the team and received some insightful information - hope this helps.

The original is an "A-Plus" SL8016G-1V1-15G0-0B10K. These are difficult to obtain. It is a 10k ohm, Line Fader Dual, 80mm, Linear.

I think this was based on the Pioneer B10k part. But the user needs to be careful to match the correct part as there are a lot of parts that are labelled "B10kx2" but are not.

Here are the dimensions they will need to match:

• Kouent
    Kouent Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi @Ryan_NI ,

Thanks a lot for these clear details !! That's really nice of you !

I'll dig around and post here if I find something equivalent (maybe it will be heplful to someone else in the future)

• Kouent
    Kouent Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2022

Hi Native community,

I've reached the manufacturer (A plus electronics, based in Hong Kong) of the original fader (which is not produced anymore).

They agreed to produce them again on this occasion ! I'm very glad for their help

They first told me the minimum quantity was 3000 pieces (which was obviously way too much for my case)... but in the end, they agreed to produce only 10 pieces if I was still interested ! (for 200USD)

Would someone be interested in taking a few pieces ? (@Nuno Moleiro maybe?)

I could ship it from France to anyone who'd have a use for them.

Or maybe your team would be interested in having a few pieces for maintenance @Ryan_NI ?

Anyway, i'm super cheered to see how everyone gets involved in this case to try and help us, starting with you @Karlos Santos and @Ryan_NI ! This community never ceases to amaze me

• bcnx
    bcnx Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 2023

Hi Kouent,

I'm in need for one (or two) for the original Traktor Kontrol S4. Still have them? I'm in Belgium,

Cheers,

BC

Update: the tempo faders for the MK1 seem smaller, so never mind.

• gijoo
    gijoo Member Posts: 14 Newcomer

Greedy asians. This ****** part is worth maybe 1usd/ 1pcs.

• pierre ange
    pierre ange Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

hy @Kouent

I'm in need for one (or two) for the original Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3. Still have them?

and can you ship it in new caledonia

• pierre ange
    pierre ange Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Good morning

did you manage to get the fader.

I'm interested in buying 2 from you

• stabadj
    stabadj Member Posts: 2 Member

That's correct. The fader is indeed an Alpha B10KX2, with 88mm total length and 72mm travel. The specs that are different are the height of the Shaft, which is 15mm instead of 20mm and the number of the pins which is 2+1 instead of 4+2. So you just buy a regular Alpha B10KX2 88mm for about 20€, and only use the 3 of the 6 pins to connect it to the controller. Now about the shaft, you can either cut the new one with some tools to make it 15mm and a little thiner so the fader cap fits, or you can use the old 15mm shaft if you trust yourself to open both faders and replace the shaft in the new one. I've tried everything I mentioned and my tempo fader works perfectly.

• stabadj
    stabadj Member Posts: 2 Member

These ARE NOT the dimensions of the S4 MK2 tempo fader.

S4 MK2 tempo fader is B10KX2 with 88mm total length, 72mm travel, 20mm shaft height and 2+1 pins.