Battery 4 starts having problems when I use my mouse

Schräs
Schräs Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

strange behaviour, after a while i cannot use the sliders and knobs whit my mouse, the controllers randonly changes, no smooth values can be made.....i have no idea where this comes from, i dont have writen ANY controler changes on that channel. when i open a battery clean it seems ok, but not in my project. very strange and very unusable.

anyone having this problem??

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

OS? DAW? Does this only happen during Playback?

• Schräs

sorry, i thought my technical specs are visible, i had to fill out all that prior to able to chat here....but i also see nothing. its an imac/mojave 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 running logic X 10.5.1

in my fresh autoload battery is working as should, but in my project, that strange mousecontroll-behaviour is going on with two insances of battery. makes it unuseable, i can write perhaps the level and pan in numbers, but ehhhm, i want to use the mouse. it doesnt work even in stop. something strange is going on. i have no idea where it comes from. its also latest battery version.

• Schräs

once the problem apperas, its in every song, even in the autoload. in a toaly fresh autolad right after reatsarting the mac its ok, but when i open a song it starts to happen.

i check out now if it also is there when i change the monitors resolution....i have to try everything

• Schräs

doesnt change anything. needles to say that every other GUI from my stuff, including all of NI komplete, is running ok as it should.its only battery.

• Schräs

should i finally update to catalina? i didnt wnat to do the step as everythings working fine with audio and video, and i will switch to a newer mac when a pro with M1 comes out.

• Schräs

holy cow, i have updated to BIG SUR, and it did not change a THING, still not useable with the mouse :-(

• Schräs

had great support from NI.

it was an old version from a WAVES plug in (version 11) that interfeired with battery. they sended me a version to downgrade, and now its going back to normal.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Had the same issue, turned out to be a plug that was V12... so it may not specifically be Version related, but certain plugins. the plugin I disabled is CLA EchoSphere V12.0.0. What V11 plugin di you disable @Schräs ?

• Schräs

ehm, i have no idea about those waves plugins and the versions , i just use o-Vox and nothing else anymore of them. i didnt change anything, but the dwongrading of battery did the trick.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,309 mod
    Answer ✓

Yeah, there is a known issue with older Waves plug-ins and Battery 4 as well as Maschine. It's an issue on Waves side that they fixed on their version 13 of theirs Waveshell. YOu can get more information here:

Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work