Will M32 and or A-Series keyboard controllers work with Reason 11?

Moneykube
Moneykube Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have Logic ,and Garageband, Live 10 Suite, but but manly use Reason 11.

Will A-Series keyboard controllers work with Reason 11???

Best Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru
    Answer ✓

I imagine they would - they're just MIDI keyboards.

Certainly the keys will send MIDI notes. As for the other knobs and buttons, you may well have to map those (assuming Reason has the ability to learn which knob/button is being pressed).

• Moneykube
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

yes it has that ability... I do it with an Arturia key lab 49 Essential at the moment... I asked because reason is not listed in the tech specs

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no specific "Host Integration" with Reason like some other DAWs (Logic, Live etc.) but those KBs do have MCU capability, so you can set them up to control transport using that capability. As for knobs, they can be mapped no problem, buttons are a different story, as they are not assignable to Midi CC so they cannot be mapped... just chimed in to clarify!!

• omariwalker
    omariwalker Member Posts: 14 Member
    Answer ✓

How To Make Reason Work With NI Komplete Kontrol - Keram's Book Report (keramsbookreport.com)

This is an article I used to get the Play, Record and Stop buttons to work.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru
    Answer ✓

I imagine they would - they're just MIDI keyboards.

Certainly the keys will send MIDI notes. As for the other knobs and buttons, you may well have to map those (assuming Reason has the ability to learn which knob/button is being pressed).

• Moneykube
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

yes it has that ability... I do it with an Arturia key lab 49 Essential at the moment... I asked because reason is not listed in the tech specs

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no specific "Host Integration" with Reason like some other DAWs (Logic, Live etc.) but those KBs do have MCU capability, so you can set them up to control transport using that capability. As for knobs, they can be mapped no problem, buttons are a different story, as they are not assignable to Midi CC so they cannot be mapped... just chimed in to clarify!!

• Moneykube

thank you... it would act like my other controller

• omariwalker
    omariwalker Member Posts: 14 Member
    Answer ✓

How To Make Reason Work With NI Komplete Kontrol - Keram's Book Report (keramsbookreport.com)

This is an article I used to get the Play, Record and Stop buttons to work.